Monique08 Monique08 41-45 23 Answers Nov 3, 2008

I agree with PorcupineMan, the only time i have felt that way was when i was talking to someone i was deeply attracted to. <br />
We liked each other a few years ago but then i started dating someone else. After we broke up he asked me out again but i wasn't ready for another relationship at the time. Then just this year we started talking again and the same attraction is there. Although i'm best friends with his girlfriend and i just came out of a 11 month relationship that attraction is still there and niether of us can help it.<br />
The sweaty palms, not knowing what to say, the rambling on about nonsence when we do talk and the the nervous laughs when there's a silence. <br />
Hang in there, if it happens while your around alomost everybody you could have a social anxiety, but if its just around a few people maybe you need to search for the reason they make you feel that way and discover if you have feelings for them or not.

Best Answer

Yeah, that's when you are attracted to someone. At least that's what happens to me when I like someone. I can never think of what to say, and often say really stupid things just because I feel that I should say something. Then I get really embarrassed and think to myself that they must think I'm stupid for saying such things. I don't know why but it ***** with your head.

Best Answer

Yes, it could be love, or fear. I studied the psychology of this happening. There are many theories but I believe they are all bull #$@#<br />
The truth is the person who makes you nervous is definately a space alien. When you get close to them the chip they secretly implanted in your brain starts to humm and buzz, sending signals of fear and nervousness all through your body. There is no real defence against this but here is one thing you can do to help out all your fellow humans. Carry a can of purple spray paint. When you get close to the one who makes you nervous, spray him/her with as much spray as you can. This will mark them so the rest of us can run when they come close. I hope my answer helped.

Best Answer

If it's due to social anxiety then it can be a bad feeling. But I get this feeling with a certain someone. It's a case of the old fashion butterflies. I literally shake when I see him. This afternoon my knees were about to give out. So if it's someone that your attracted to it's good old fashion butterflies in the belly. Enjoy the feeling because it doesnt' come around too much.

Best Answer

I think it's called having the "hots", especially if all the blood in your body is rushing below your waist, and you can't do anything but stare at their mouth, when their talking. Yep, that's having the "hots".

Best Answer

I did about 2 weeks ago. My Assistant at work and I, was interviewing this man. He gave me such a FREAKY ICKY feeling, the hair stood up on the back of my neck!! I couldn't even look him in the eye. <br />
After the interview was over (we rushed through it fast), I told my Assistant how I felt. He felt the same way.! <br />
Some people just give you that FREAKY, I don't want to be near you, you creep me out feeling. I just don't know why...I just DOES!<br />
OH....We didn't hire him either!!

Best Answer

That's ****** up

Best Answer

I get like that. I am so afraid of blurting out the wrong thing or sounding rude. or around the guy I really like I choose my words carefully so conversation flows.

Best Answer

I feel that way around most people, it's hard trying to put the right words together, sometimes nice thoughts don't come out right; but then too much thinking doesn't make it any better.<br />
I don't think words are good enough for communication, and personally i have a bit of general dislike for people.

Best Answer

I have social anxiety disorder, so I'm like that with nearly everyone I meet. Though it's much, MUCH worse when I'm around someone I'm either attracted to or intimitated by.

Best Answer

Been there, done that. It's love I'm afraid, and there is no cure.

Best Answer

There is one man in my entire life that can make me do that. We work together and all the other guys I work with type his name on my IM when we are on conference calls so that they can hear me stutter. I am very attracted to him and that is what makes me stutter.

Best Answer

Yup. It could be intimidation if you do not like the person. But if you like the person and feel that way it is probably attraction.<br />
If you trust the person, then it's an okay moment- because you find out in that moment if they are okay with you as you are- and if they are you will develop a great friendship from then on. That moment will have become a silent bonding moment and from then on it won't matter what you feel around that person- because whatever it is it's okay.

Best Answer

I believe that it is when you sense that the person can REALLY see you. Through the social facade and any defenses you have up. That's when I feel like that the most. And often it is with people you are attracted to, because you FEAR that they will see who you really are, and you are probably attracted to them subconsciously for precisely this reason.

Best Answer

Me too, how is it possible that someone you think so highly of can completely ***** you of your words and thoughts, to me when I am around this person I am so desperately attracted to, all I can do is feel my heart pound and try not to say stupid silly things to them, it never fails, each time I see them, it is a bad pattern repeating itself, I have noticed that a few beers always made me feel better about talking with them. He must feel the same, because we have these mind blowing silences that I think we both wanna scream and just say something....anything!!!!! lol

Best Answer

Yes.<br />
It's ok. It happens to most of us. Some hide it better than others.

Best Answer

I think that the thoughts and behaviors that we each manifest in the presence of others is dependant upon our own beliefs about ourselves and the beliefs that others have about us. We live in a shared reality where the actions that we each perform, including our thougts and spoken words, must conform to the beliefs of all parties who are conspiring to create that reality....<br />
In other words, either you believe that you are stupid compared to this person, or they strongly believe that about you, or both. It is a question of wills. I say step up, be strong, take control of yourself, and believe in yourself...

Best Answer

It happens to me and it's part of the man reason I have a social anxiety. I'm afraid of looking stupid so I'd rather not say anything at all. I wish I could conversate like normal people but somehow I just can't. I am afraid others will ridicule my speech and talk behind my back. I'm not sure what it's called but it is what it is.

Best Answer

Yes! I'm having that exact same problem. There is a guy who makes me feel that way. You may feel nervous because you don't want to say or do anything stupid. Well, what is happening to me is that.

Best Answer