Like 'a terrifying development', instead of 'people at the scene were terrified.' Or a 'scary scene developing', instead of 'We are scared about...' Everyone's feelings about something are naturally different. Not 'It is terrifying' because that may or may not be true. There does not seem to be one right emotion, since each person's relationship to what is happening is different. Saying a scene is terrifying is not actually reporting anything. It doesn't say what is happening.
chimbie88 chimbie88 31-35, M 7 Answers May 21, 2013 in Community

and its been going on for years now , my TV is in the hall closet I refuse

Best Answer

good for you.

Best Answer

and don't you love the teasers 15 minutes before the broadcast they come on and give the most horrific description of a crime as if its an episode of law and order . and who is that one guy who dictates what all the news stations will cover because not one is any different than the other so they parade the best looking people they can find not that they can speak any better only that they are cuter than the other guys

Best Answer

they all look like children to me. And I don't mean age. I mean maturity.

Best Answer

waaaait a second... Are you implying that 'good looking' people aren't people that we should ALWAYS listen to by nature of their good looks and sweet sweet voice? lol How dare you sir lol

Best Answer

you know what I mean ...lmbo as soon as a woman on TV starts to wrinkle she's "promoted"

Best Answer

I was being sarcastic

Best Answer

I knew that , its just that i don't have real life friends and when I get to talking I don't when to shut up ...lol

Best Answer

yours is the kind of babbling that I actually enjoy because it has substance. I'd rather deal with you talking non stop then the majority of people htat ACTUALLY never stop talking lol. And I just wanted to make sure that you knew I was just joking hehe. Sometimes with text its hard to tell :D

Best Answer

There is always that day after telling you what they think happens they find out the were wrong all a long.

Everyone what to beat the other guy to the story and fact be damned

Best Answer

They are sensationalists. I get vaguely nauseated because I almost feel like they're trying to drum up excitement.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

A bit. I wish they're spend more time reporting facts and a hell of a lot less time interviewing talking heads telling the viewers what they SHOULD think about the facts.

Best Answer

couldn't agree more.

Best Answer

And I hate this chirpy/charming/we-have-to-make-smart-quips reporting that seems to prevalent these days.

Best Answer

lol so agree.

Best Answer

Yes. The "news" is mostly lecturing us as if we are little children and they are "experts." Pathetic idiot talking heads.

Best Answer