I never had a problem with that. I understood that someday I would have my own home, and the life skills I learned taking care of my parents home have only made me a better adult. <br />
Havent you ever known helpless people who cant do their own laundry, cant even cook for themselves? Remember that your parent's job is to prepare you for life on your own. <br />
If you can help make their lives easier by pitching in, that is also a very good thing to do. Someday, perhaps you will have kids and appreciate that they help clean the house right?

Best Answer

You know what i've learned...lol and my mother had a cleaning business for a long time as I was growing up, I did learn to be extremely clean...and how much of a sh*thead I was as a kiddo esp when my own kiddo gives me the same fits I gave my mom. However, LOL my mother's advice at this point in her life is to simply hire someone to clean it. Which...works too. I do suspect my son will be helpless when it comes to laundry...but I suck at it too and just take it to the cleaners.

Best Answer

Nothing wrong with hiring it done, in my opinion, so long as you know how to do it yourself, too. I bet you will teach your son how to do it, even if he doesnt HAVE to do it. Life skills. They matter.
For our kids one of our biggest goals was to make them self-sufficient, strong, capable.

Best Answer

this is true, I tend to send him to grandma's house when he's in trouble. She makes him scrub the walls.

Best Answer

I wanna find my own home earned

Best Answer

you wanna be in the Will or not ;-)

Best Answer