Yup they can dish it out but they can't take it, I have had several block me due to my disagreeing with them, being out spoken and calling a spade a spade. The flip side of that is that they have no problem calling Conservatives all sorts of foul names without any pretense of common decency.

Best Answer

Yessir...Most are so used to believing theyre liberal views are shared by everyone except ignorant hillbillies... they immediatly get defensive if challenged.

Best Answer

Ya right, and I don’t know where that idea came from that being liberal was synonymous with being soft or weak on everything. But for the record, I’m 6ft. tall, 200 lbs., was a long haul truck driver for a decade or so, worked in building construction for over 20 years, have a son in the army that just spent a year in Afghanistan, and I am trained in martial arts. And guess what, I wouldn’t dare call myself anything but a liberal. What I’ve found is most liberals are just like me and they don’t use one liners, catchy wage war on everything phrases, or give a **** about talking tough if it isn’t going to do anything to really get something done. You want to look tough and talk tough, good for you, but don’t underestimate what some liberals are made of.

Best Answer

You dam right I get defensive. But it’s not for the reason you may think. It’s because the way conservatives view how things should get done and especially what things should get done are most of the time based on ideas, and ideologies that can produce some real negative consequences. In other words, real people can get hurt real bad. This isn’t always a game and whoever wins is the winner. Some things that I see conservative defending are things that will ultimately have negative effects on everyone, conservatives included. Sure it’s fun to call someone who thinks another coal mine is a bad idea a tree hugger or dam environmentalist, but are you really going to sit there and defend the coal mine just because it was defended by a fellow conservative. People really do die because of those filthy mines and entire towns have watched their kids come out with birth defects.

Best Answer

2Leadindeed You have just done an excellent job of proving my point. Do you have any valid arguments to support your views or is it just going to be name calling and innuendo.

Best Answer

@ 2Leadindeed Have you ever stopped to consider all that we get from those coal mines? Electricity a big one but there ate many more.

Best Answer

I'm liberal in my views, yet I do not support the notion of entirely free speech. Slander, purgery and cyberstalking would be examples of the value of restricting speech. I'm not a huge fan of ignorant grandstanding, either. <br />
You must be from the US. It doesn't really occur to other nations to create a law that arbitrarily grants the right to free speech. Your own country has had such troubles managing it, there are so many exceptions after all. I do listen to and respect the views of others, even where they are not the same as my own.

Best Answer

Yes im American and yes we are unique in granting the right to free speech and yes it has created problems at times. Were doin ok though and despite our image problems worldwide...i suspect we will be for a long long time.

Best Answer

I hope you do, too. It's a hard thing to go from being the world's leading economic power to an empire in decline and I think you guys are managing really well. :o)

Best Answer

Lol..Yea. Its been surprisingly easy fooling you all

Best Answer

Fooling ? Sweetie you will be fine :o)

Best Answer

Patronizing..lol

Best Answer

Actually just distracted by the parrot on my head. She chews your ears !

Best Answer

Awesome...I hope it talks quietly too..subliminal messages..quietly, gently changing your political views away from the dark side..lol

Best Answer

Cockateils are both intelligent and social, so I doubt it :o)

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Thanks. It really does seem that way to me soo often.

Best Answer

Well they can be overly passionate, that lends to that type of response.

Best Answer

No, I haven’t noticed that at all. What I have noticed though was when conservatives made some statement about some issue, and the solution or basis of their argument was not ba<x>sed on fact, but instead ba<x>sed on some theory or the teachings of a religion; it was almost always a liberal who called them out on it. What you may be thinking is trying to censor what you say could very well be someone trying to talk logic and common sense to some issue loaded with bias to how someone has been conditioned to think. I believe there is a very distinct difference in the way conservatives think and liberals think. <br />
When they were doing a study for Alzheimer’s disease they came across an interesting finding. To the same questions part of the people answered one way to an either or question and other answered the other way. There was only one logical right answer to the questions. So they summated a questionnaire to find out if there was a difference in what the people in the group thought about certain things. Everyone who answered one way also had liberal down as how they identified themselves with and the people who answered the other way also considered themselves conservative. And I won’t go into what else they found because it will only sound like I’m trying to demean or degrade conservatives, but let’s just say it was possible to change a conservative thinking person to a liberal thinking person but not the other way around.

Best Answer

Thanks. Im really glad you were here to represent the liberal cause with that....splendid..LMAO

Best Answer

Not ALL liberals, but many, yes.

Best Answer

Yes i should have said some or many. Thank you

Best Answer