I know you'll say they work with their brains but for most of my life, I've worked (and worked hard) with my brains and I'm still poor.
stankadiddlehopper stankadiddlehopper 51-55, M 14 Answers Jul 5, 2012

I see this all the time. Unequal advantages, who you know, dumb luck, help from others, supportive family members, you name it.<br />
Also there are circumstances under which any person would struggle, has nothing to do with brain power. I do not believe we control all things just by wanting them, nor do I believe by any measure that the poor are dumb and the rich are smarter. Someone who has a decent income is often preyed upon by "well-meaning" others. So are the poor.

Best Answer

Sitting here watching the garbage being picked up. One guy - he drives the truck, gets out, moves rolling dumpster into position, operates the lift to dump it, then puts it back at the curb, and it's 93 but feels like 100 already. His day has just begun. Hard working guy. I'm glad I'm not him today. He probably makes a bit over minimum. The guys in the building that he just picked up at are using other peoples money to make themselves wealthy. This is what we have become as a society, and it's sad.

Best Answer

That's a poor comparison. You see the "guys in the building" and presume they do nothing?
I guess when they were born they were given the building, and they sat and collected rent from poor old ladies and starving kids. They probably spit on the renters as they paid the rent.
Don't fall for class warfare.

Best Answer

I don't fall for anything, nor do I rely on TV or radio personalities to provide me with buzz words like "class warfare". They do own the building, the entire ***** of buildings. There are 10 offices/shops in that *****. One guy does won it all, and he inherited it from his father. The business is an Edward Jones franchise. Now, since you brought up Sen. Kerry in a previous blather, what about Mitt? Born into money or not? Be honest.

Best Answer

Yah, now here we go with the wonderful two party system. The founding fathers didn't want political parties, and we can see why now. Candidates must belong to a party or they most probably won't be elected. Then they must adhere to the party platform to stay in the party. That means they get in tune with all the lies and bullshit their party spews. (They all sound the same within their party, and the other party means doom because they're a bunch of this and that ... you MUST vote for my party). Then when elected, all the under the table wheeling and dealing and favor returning and corruption REALLY gets going. There's no time to think about anything that's actually GOOD for the COUNTRY. They need to start thinking about their party winning the next election. Hypnotize the citizenry a bit more so they'll stay true to the all important party. Divide them with crap about caring and callousness, the privileged, lazy rich vs the poor victims, man destroying the environment, too much taxation for this group, not enough for that group. They're dividing us and conquering us. Ask yourself how long these things have been going on ... then think about how much time the politicians have had to make things better for the country if they really wanted to. Have you noticed that it's more important for a party to look good than it is to pass good legislation? Think about exactly who makes the laws in the US. Then you may realize that the single biggest reason for the mess this country is in ... is POLITICIANS.

Best Answer

i manage to pay the bills, keep some beer in the fridge,feed the dogs and sit at the bar once or twice a week. thats all i need to get by.

Best Answer

The secret is to be HAPPY. It sounds like you are.

Best Answer

Yep! Life isn't fair sometimes. :(

Best Answer

FAIR is where you take your pig to get a blue ribbon.
There is NO fair in life.

Best Answer

Not all rich people are lazy. Some really struggled to get where they are today.

Best Answer

I realize this but there are so many lazy rich people.

Best Answer

Alrighty.

Best Answer

Did you ever work your arse off all day, then sit down for 30 seconds and your boss walks in. Now he thinks you goofed off all day. What can you do to change his mind? Now take the average rich guy that, after working hundred hour weeks for 40 years, losing the house three times and being divorced because he's always working ... after forty years of that and finally able to enjoy a barbecue, and you walk by and see him and say, "Look at that lazy-*** rich guy toasting his weenie while his company makes millions for him".

Best Answer

You're all wet, my friend. You're falling for the political game of class warfare. They are dividing and conquering us. <br />
Now back to lazy and hard working. There are many different situations that we humans are born into, so right at the start you are comparing apples with oranges. Many folks are able to break out of crappy beginnings, some of them get rich, some of them stay poor. <br />
Of the few who get rich, some study like crazy and get a start with a job that has advancement opportunities. Some use other folks as stepping stones to screw over and rise above. Some take any job they can get and turn it into an opportunity for something better, no matter how ****** the first job is they somehow find a way to improve themselves. Some change professions several times to get the right opportunity to increase the old profit margin. Some are fortunate enough, or smart enough to have perfect timing to fill a need and get rich doing it. Some inherit or marry into wealth like that arse Senator Kerry who brags about it. And almost all of those who worked for it, took risks that you and I aren't willing to take. They will lose everything, start over, and finally succeed if they have to lose everything several times. It makes for a hard life, and you never hear about that part. <br />
The funny thing about human nature is that we all have the potential in us to become rich. Even you and I who work (-ed) our arses off and never have enough to drive a new car or live in a really nice house (or whatever our dearest dreams happen to be).<br />
You want to talk about Lazy-*****? What about the useless pieces of crap who play the social welfare system? (I don't mean those who REALLY need help.) The only time they get off the couch is to vote for the politicians who give them the free handout. They're not simply disgusting. They are ruining the economic health of countries all over the world.

Best Answer

This is so true. Who helps the working man? On the bright side I should have my Tax bill paid of by 3014

Best Answer

There not all lazy. Some are smart, but emotionally smart. Good communicators. People that get what they want through there words. Others though do work hard. Very hard.

Best Answer

To be honest, i'm amazed you've only just noticed this, on the other hand, i'm pleased for you that you have finally figured it out.

Best Answer

I didn't just now notice it. I've known it for most of my life. In fact, that's why I got into a "brain" business in the first place. But dumb luck always affects me in a negative way.

Best Answer

And how much is your welfare check? Do you get food stamps, too?

Best Answer

My Welfare cheque? food stamps? Ha ha ha, Ok, I am retired because of ill health, I paid into a pension for 33 years, I now draw on that Pension. I do NOT recieve any welfare, or any money from any other source, and I do not recieve any food stamps. As I said, I live on my Pension, and savings.

Best Answer

That's not true! I would be rich if it would be...

Best Answer

You just gotta work smarter, not harder... but you need brains for that.

Best Answer

I am very intelligent and I've worked at "smart" jobs. Yet the gods of luck or whatever hate me.

Best Answer

not really I'm lazy and I'm still poor

Best Answer

No. As much as I'd like to think so since I'm not rich. I'd like to think that people who get wealthy really don't deserve to be and somehow are "luckier" than I am. In some cases, that's correct. But in many, it's due to a drive and ambition or talent that I lack.

Best Answer

It is also due to good money management. A fool &amp; his money are easily parted.

Best Answer

True....that's part of the talent, as well as insight.

Best Answer