The Monterey Bay Inn, once...it was mid range in price but absolutely exquisite, with rooms on the top floor with access to a private hot tub on the roof and views overlooking the ocean and Fisherman's Wharf. It used to be one of the best kept secrets in Monterey, but the tourists discovered it.

Best Answer

Yes. The buffet alone was amazing. Goodies galore. Room was fabulous, clean and neat. Never will forget that buffet. It looked like the witches cottage in the fairy tale. So many sweet buns. Great coffee. Nearly went nuts trying to make up my mind as to what to eat.

Best Answer

but the think about the buffet is that you dont have to have a room to have the buffet. They are (in my experience) all open to the public.

Best Answer

Every time I have stayed at a nice hotel I have thought it was well worth the price!

Best Answer

Kia Lani - Maui- I was a Princess

Best Answer

I've stayed in nice hotels that were "nice enough"...clean, well maintained and upgraded, with all the amenities that I needed....at a reasonable price. <br />
I've stayed at "nicer" hotels that had higher thread counts for the sheets, nicer and more pillows, fruit basket, that sort of thing, and paid a heftier price. I didn't find it worth it. <br />
I'm kind of basic when it comes to things like that. I'm the same way with vehicles or clothing. I want it to be good enough quality to make it worthwhile and to justify the amount that I spend. Anything over that is just frilly stuff or sprinkles on the cupcake. Nice once in a while, but mostly unnecessary and impractical for me.

Best Answer

I've stayed in them for work travel where I didn't pay for it myself and I always thought it was a waste of money. I just slept in it and could have slept just as well in a clean, reasonably priced room.

Best Answer

and usually everything except for the pool is open to the public. The spa, the resturant, the bar all open to anyone who want. No need for a room.

Best Answer

I have a couple times yes. But the best deal I ever had was a lovely vacation apartnemt in Barcelona Spain, would go this route again and again and again.

Best Answer

Yes...but I have also stayed at more expensive hotels than the one I am thinking of and thought "What a freaking rip off"

Best Answer

so far every nice hotel I have been to I think 'i could have stay at the other one two blocks down the road and walked over here for brunch'

Best Answer