LadyBronte LadyBronte 46-50, F 11 Answers Mar 22, 2011

A preordained soulmate suggests a very ordered universe that i don't see.<br />
But to become someone's soulmate, ba<x>sed on compatibility and adaptability and just wanting to share the journey together... now i can believe in that.

Best Answer

I somehow don't see that very ordered universe either. But I do like your last thought.

Best Answer

no, it's not a joke. People don't understand what a "soulmate" is. A soulmate isn't necessarily a lover, boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, etc. It is a "connected" soul who travels with you through many lifetimes. Though you may be lovers in one lifetime, in the next, you may have a different, albiet close, relationship, such as best friends, parent and child, student and teacher, brother and sister, etc.

Best Answer

Hmmm....food for thought.

Best Answer

I find it very depressing to think that every person only has 1 soul mate, one try to get it right. Personally, I believe that there are your soul mate/s and then there are people who are perfect for you. There is a difference in my book....I know I've met one soul mate, and four people who are perfect for me.

Best Answer

Wow - you are ahead of the game - meeting one soul mate and 4 perfects. Good for you!

Best Answer

I thought I found my soul mate a while back..and that turned out to be a joke.. However, I think I've found my soul mate now and hope he's around for ever because now I'm tired of looking..LOL Only prob and joke..my soul mate now is in England and I'm in the United States and we have to wait.. until we can be together so go figure nothing is easy.. And I heard someone say when life gets easy then it's time to die..so maybe I'm not ready for it to get easy. I dunno. It hard to make a connection these days and guys are not what they use to be and I'll probably get some slack for saying that but it's true. And maybe woman are not what we use to be but I think Woman are stronger than they use to be and because of that we don't have to put up with second best. Just my two cents as I waffled enough..LOL

Best Answer

I hope you have found your soul mate! I understand being tired of things. :) Good luck to you.

Best Answer

lol at you LadyBronte. I understand the confusion though. I will say this little tidbit though. My highschool sweetheart I hadn't seen in 21 years found me on Facebook 6 months ago. I had just signed up with FB. I was hesitant to sign up because for some reason I kept thinking he would find me. As if we always had unfinished stuff. And he did! Anyway, he is married now, But it was if we never parted. Well, while we were doing catchup on each other I discovered that he does alot of the same activities I do and has some of the same beliefs. Him and my son have the same birthdays! When he was taking his kids to the dentist, so was I! When I was taking my kids to the lake, he was taking his to the beach! Guitar, Metal detecting, scuba diving, we are both taking classes and we even have motorcycles. You name it we both do it, but yet we both live separate lives. Its like we are parallel to each other. Yes, he does have a wife and I wish them happiness. But a part of me always carried a torch for him and always will. He did confess that he tried to look for me after his first marriage, but couldn't find me(I was married then) Pooh! Hows that for a soulmate? I just accept that timing is not always when you want it to be. One can always hope.:)

Best Answer

You and I seem to have encountered the same obstacles in nearly the same way. So, yes, I am sure you do understand my confusion and frustration. Good luck to you - I hope you both find happiness. :)

Best Answer

He lives 1400 miles away (which is probably a good thing:). I did have the opportunity to reunite with him for a few hours and it ended up being a real spiritual awakening for me. We have a friendly chat ever so often. I try to stay focused on my own path and wish him well on his. But I still wonder why I am still drawn to someone I had not seen in 21 years. I do know that no matter how kaotic people think this world is. Everything has its purpose and is in its own order, which is something humans cannot fathom. Maybe the answer will be revealed to both of us one day soon. Best wishes.:)

Best Answer

I don't think we have just ONE soulmate. We don't stay the same as time passes...so why should a soulmate?

Best Answer

You are correct - no one ever stays the same.

Best Answer

I don't think I have a romantic soulmate. I think I have a friend soulmate(s).

Best Answer

How wonderful!

Best Answer