please dont say anything about "doctors or hospital" as i wont go :P please help me im starting to panic :/ also, when i sit down, like, right now, the pain is gone, wtf?
DeathsLilHelper DeathsLilHelper 18-21 20 Answers Sep 23, 2010

I have the same condition. It's probably Precordial Catch Syndrome. Google it up :)

Best Answer

Hi!<br />
I realize that this is an old question, and that you probably don't still have this problem, but does/did the pain feel sort of like being stabbed with a needle, possibly followed by an ache?<br />
I have that problem, and was told it may have been a pinched nerve.

Best Answer

Well, I'm quite young and every now and again I get a sharp pain, the other day in an exam I got one, I tried to ignore it but it stayed there for a while, I've been told its just gas, to relieve the gas you have to lie on your left side, and scrunch you're legs up to your chest tightly, repeatedly, it should go away :) hope I helped!!

Best Answer

Usually it's nothing too serious, but I would go get it checked if I were you. Its called Costochondritis. I've had the same problem from time to time and I've found that it sometimes come from stress or inflammation between the muscle around your rib area and when you take a breath your lungs touch that inflamed area causing you to feel very sharp pains in your heart. A heating pad should help and sometimes it's gas so a strong carbonated drink will help also. I feel that you should still get it checked out though just to be safe.

Best Answer

Talk to your parents. Even though going to doctors or hospital sucks! You're better off knowing than finding out when it's to late. Good luck!

Best Answer

its probally a condition called pericarditis its a heart infection and can be treated easily with antibiotics. but i wouldnt leave it, your mad saying i wont go to the hospital thats just being stupid :/

Best Answer

im having the same problem dont worry about it , i took acouple of advils and slept and it passed but it depends what you mean by sharp pain , me it was more of like a little pain when id yawn or get out but when id be sitting it be ok , anyways i know you dont like doctors but you'll have to get over it.

Best Answer

You are sad?

Best Answer

a dr once told me that pain in the chest upon breathing is most usually pleurisy, an inflammation of the chest cavity. however, anxiety is also a common culprit. if it's pleurisy, you'll need antibiotics. if it's anxiety, well, you've already made it clear that the only real answer to that is not for you.

Best Answer

If you suffer from anxiety and/or pain attacks, it can some times feel like a heart ache or heart tension. That can be eased by calming yourself down, concentrating on each breathe slowly and holding them in for 5, out for 5 ect. Or lavender baths, what ever calms you :) I hope your ok

Best Answer

thanks for the advice, ill try baths :')also, i cant breathe in for 5 seconds, the pain is strong sometimes

Best Answer

I have had similar things, it can be a muscle cramp, or a sore or sprained muscle in the chest, shoulder or back or it can be a bruised or cracked rib, sternum, scapula, ect.. Heart pain doesn't go away or decrease if you change position or breath, I am speaking from experience.<br />
Yes, I think your going to be fine. You ought to take a couple aspirins to be double sure, they might help with the soreness anyway, but I don't think your in any danger.<br />
If the pain was persistent no matter what you did, you better pray, take a couple aspirins and head to the hospital (preferably letting someone else drive if possible), for real, my dad has had a 5 way bypass and I also have a heart problem that I am hoping to heal as soon as I can afford to eat right and buy the medicinal herbs I need.<br />
Fear of death is a reminder to get right with GOD, and also, when the real trouble comes, GOD IS THE ONLY ONE WHO IS always near enough to hear your voice and has the power to help.

Best Answer

oh my god...your a god botherer, i hate those, no thanks...

Best Answer

nooooooooooooo.pain is a sign that something is wrong otherwise terminal cancer patients woulkd be incredibly strong with all that "weakness leaving the body." How old are you? why waste your health by not getting checked when other peop;le work so hard to get well/ you make me mad..if you, dont give a toss about your body.......donate it

Best Answer

im 13 and i hate doctors because theyll give me a ecg :'( i dont want wires in me DX

Best Answer

Maybe you swallowed a thorn?

Best Answer

erm...no. i dont remember eating a rose thanks xD

Best Answer

sounds like bronchitis or gas....but I have no clue how knowing can help you seeing as you wont go the the hospital

Best Answer

whats bronchitis? and also, gas in the heart area?

Best Answer

pain is weakness leaving the body, right?

Best Answer

what do you mean?

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer

Benign chest wall pain is most likely a transient and fleeting irritation of the pleura, the slippery membrane that lines and protects the lungs. The pleura are very sensitive to pain, and for reasons that are usually not clear, some momentary irritation causes a painful sensation that can be quite severe, but that quickly subsides. This condition has no medical significance whatsoever. It is very common. Most people will experience these symptoms at some point in their lives.

The pain is usually a sharp "catch" that interrupts a breath, and that returns with each breath for a few moments - then it subsides. It is not related to exercise, and generally can be localized to a specific small area (smaller than the palm of the hand) on the chest wall. It usually lasts for less than a minute, but can come back on and off for an hour or so.

This condition can be evaluated by taking a careful history. The condition is very common, and very easy to diagnose by history - as long as the doctor is aware of it and understands it. The important thing to keep in mind is that this condition is completely benign, and is not related to any medial problem or any abnormality.

You don't any heart condition and you can ignore the pain. Nevertheless, no harm in getting checked once. Cheers.

Best Answer

I have this problem myself. And I ended up coming up with a weird way to get through it over the past four years or so. I breathe in and expand my lungs as much as I can and breathe out all the way until my chest pops. Painful but effective as I was not ever aloud to go to the doctors about the chest pains. I was always told by my guardians that it was all in my head, thy I was fine. But a pain that restricts your breathing to very shallow breaths is not something just in one's head. I'm still unsure of what causes it.. but I hope to finally find out sometime soon

Best Answer