I am not in the UK, but here in Canada, we need a lot more volunteer respite caregivers, to allow the parents the opportunity to get out for a few hours a week without the child. Dealing with a disabled child is a very expensive proposition, and most of the families I've known with disabled children can't afford to pay someone to look after their child while they go out to either just relax and enjoy themselves for a few hours or to run the weekly errands. <br />
My daughter and I, both did this for a few years. It is a very rewarding way to give back to the community, and gives some insight into what these parents are going through 24 hours a day every day.

Best Answer

more money........it costs twice as much ......& more support ........those gov't agencies are a joke

Best Answer

Pay more NI contributions?

Best Answer

agree- I doubt there are amny people who would mind paying an extra penny in the pound if they knew it was going to help this cause

Best Answer

Just start helping and get others to do the same. They know what they need, you don't. Ask them how you can help as you want to give.

Best Answer