theemotional1 theemotional1 22-25, F 10 Answers Feb 9, 2013 in Marriage

Hello theemotional1 ;someone I love dearly told me,"You're the most emotional person they've ever met".WOW I thought it to be a dig/a put down.Nevertheless concerning your post,unfortunately when I look upon different things in life I realize many experiences I had was from learned behavior i.e. parents/sisters/brothers.We are products of our environment many times.We have to learn that our feelings are important too,but I'm 61 now and I must say usually one starts to learn their voice in their late 30s or 40s,if one wises up though they will know "I am Important too".I hope the best for you and P/S quit putting yourself on the back burner.It always feels uncomfortable in the beginning to start looking out for self.Little steps,but never leave others out or don't forget to take them with you.God bless you dear one.

Best Answer

It is your nature. It is so much easier for you to please other people than to take care of your own needs. It is time for you to start evaluating situations. What will it cost you to put them ahead of yourself? <br />
Part of being an adult is knowing when to say No. It will not be easy for you to put your needs first. There may even be one or two times when you make a mistake doing so. This is life. So get started. Take a deep breath and do it. <br />
You have support here on EP make use of it. Turn down some of those unreasonable requests and start living your life.. You do not have to say no to everyone on every thing, but make certain you are no longer the doormat for everyone else dear. <br />
In time you will be much happier for it. Hugs

Best Answer

Because you accept to be treated that way.

Best Answer

If you let someone step on you once, they will keep on stepping on you forever, unless you make your feeling heard.

Best Answer

Love yourself a bit more you're worth it

Best Answer

you are not with the right kind of people

Best Answer

Becasue you are a pushover and want to make everyone else happy at the cost of your happiness.

Best Answer