kittylin kittylin 22-25, F 11 Answers Nov 16, 2012 in Hobbies

The only con I see is that its illegal. Every thing else is fine.

Best Answer

It's legal in Washington and Utah
( overseas several countries have decriminalized possession and use of cannabis including the UK, Portugal and Belgium)
other than that Yes it's illegal

Best Answer

hemp hemp hooray

Best Answer

I find it can make me feel a little unmotivated sometimes and I also can't concentrate on my work very effectively. That's not a problem on a Saturday afternoon, but it would be if I tried to smoke before work. Still beats alcohol in my opinion, however.

Best Answer

Marijuana is a choice, and smoking it around kids and other people causes second hand smoke and those children dont have a choice to "avoid" it (similar to ciggs). The other issue is similar to meds and alcohol etc. I would not want my life placed in someone who has been smoking it (such as a doctor doing surgery, cranes, climbing etc). My concern with it being legal is while people now use and drive. How much of this is going come out of the woodwork? Are suddenly mistakes going to be blamed on "ohh I was high" and next thing you know Marijuana gets blames for everything. Where its the users problem. Im not aginast it being legal but theres ALOT of things to be of issue before its 50 state legal.

Best Answer

don't you think liquor is just as dangerous?
people die on the streets from AA... families suffer violence and so on... but how come that is legal?

Best Answer

I mentioned meds and alcohol in my post. Theres some great reads on why weed was banned .. http://www.herbalsmokecafe.com/marijuana-tax-stamps.html
then of course Prohibition http://cocktails.about.com/od/history/a/prohibition.htm

Best Answer

thank you- i will the links out

Best Answer

the first one doesn't work :/

Best Answer

Mind altering properties and impairment, creates harmful teratogens that can permanently damage the development of your child during pregnancy, and it speeds up the degradation of the cognitive functions with repeated abuse <br />
There's more but... whatever. There's already enough harmful substances that people pump into their bodies that's legal. Patients with terminal illness should be allowed to use it, but I don't think the general public should.

Best Answer

would you agree, that past marijuana there are far more dangerous drugs that exist? ( those who are pro often mention that the only reason that this is not legal is because there is no profit that people can make since it can be grown almost anywhere?) (i agree it's wrong to smoke when pregnant... that or do anything else like drinking and other more dangerous drugs)... (the pros is more aimed towards those who suffer the pain of cancer... and yes there are some who abuse this drug... but when you sit down write the pros and cons which list is bigger?... i am curious

Best Answer

Like I said, it's good for people with terminal illnesses and things but widespread use? I don't think it's a good idea. Sure, there's the upside to decreased expenses on the law enforcement end of things and it may generate some extra revenue but I think the health of the nation is more important. There's enough harmful substances on the market, in my opinion and I think it's a bad idea to add more.

Best Answer

but why do you think others are legal like "alcohol" ??... (to me it is as harmful as marijuana... and in some cases it produces violence and death?) (someone suggested to me that this is not so because alcohol can be "controlled" and benefited from through the economy while marijuana grows anywhere without control- do you agree?)

Best Answer

It's legal because it's so intrinsically linked to cultured societies that it literally causes chaos without it (look at prohibition). Alcohol can be brewed anywhere too, and it was impossible to control when it was outlawed. Marijuana has been around for a very long time but it's never been quite as popular as alcohol. Most people can trade one vice for another and alcohol was the more socially accepted drug, so that's why it's legal.

Best Answer

You're right though, they can similar effects.

Best Answer

thank you for sharing your wisdom with me- i appreciate it truly- thank you

Best Answer

No problem, it was a pleasure talking to you. =)

Best Answer

Hemp != marijuana.

Best Answer

NONE<br />
as it destroys life and illegal

Best Answer

Destruction of life can happen under any substance... its abuse is what is harmful... as to anything in life that can be abused

Best Answer

ITS ILLEGAL. THAT IS ONLY THING.

Best Answer