I actually avoid Facebook when I can. I have very little on my profile, and I only write things when someone writes to me or there is something I want to comment on from a friend. I don't even want people knowing what I am doing day to day if we aren't otherwise in touch with each other. <br />
And yes, It's true that it is tempting to write a bunch of success hogwash. But I've noticed other people kind of doing that, and I decided it's best just to stay away from it. I think that kind of thing gets found out anyway.

Best Answer

No. I usually avoid posting about myself (during a rough time). Or I don't post at all!

Best Answer

No, I pretty much post the truth.

Best Answer

I don't take FB very seriously. I use it to keep in touch with people that live out of town but if I don't have anything good to post then I just don't post. A lot of the times the stuff I post are just silly comments on current events anyhow. It's normal for life to have ups and downs so don't feel bad if you don't have everything together every minute of the day.

Best Answer

making up a positive post (aka: a white lie) can help people feel better and can help people to think postive again if they are depressed. I have told white lies by making up funny stories about embarrassing moments in my own life to make others and myself to laugh out. Example: I moved from Texas to Oklahoma and this raised the IQ of both states!

Best Answer

No, I do not make up posts. On the other hand, people who are successful, and who never talk to Me---you know, Me: the person---I will be deleting. <br />
There are people who do respond to My comments and posts, and who care about My comments to them, so who needs the others. These people, I will be keeping.

Best Answer

No. I see no reason to lie out there. If they are your friends and family why would you want to lie to them. You wouldn't lie to them face to face so why lie on a social network. I think some people just take that FB too seriously. It's just another web page when you think about it and we should be more concerned with our real relationships and developing real lives and not making up our lives just to have a "post". <br />
There was a time when I had no time for FB and I had family posting on my page with no response from me because I was just too busy working and didn't check the thing for several months. They posted things back and forth to eachother on my page about how they thought I never got on FB and they were right but I didn't feel bad about not posting or going long periods without posting because my real life was full of work.<br />
I had another friend ask me if I thought she was being silly by being concerned that her bf had not changed his status from "single" to "in a relationship". I gave her a good "chewing out" about basing her relationship on something as stupid as "just another internet site".<br />
I know things like FB are important parts of our lives these days to keep in touch with friends and loved ones who may be far away but we shouldn't let it run our lives.

Best Answer

Nah, I always have to be accurate with my feelings so I mostly post nothing, unless something good has happened.

Best Answer

Never occurred to me to do that - but since you ask, it has probably occurred to you. Why don't you try it just as an experiment? That might be funny/fun.

Best Answer