Adan & Eve - fig leaves

Best Answer

I'm not quite sure why you think we're currently going through a 60s fad. Last year, I bought lots of beautiful full skirts and peep-toe shoes (1950s), but nowadays I'm seeing many more of the high-vamp, thicker-heeled 1930s style shoes. Most of the 60s style stuff (small gogo dresses; little, winkle-picker shoes; pale lipstick) came and went a few years back. They passed through at around the same time as the fitted, 1940s style, women's suits. :) Of course, the average shop assistant doesn't know enough about the history of fashion to be able to pinpoint a "retro" fad accurately.<br />
The fact is, we've been going through "retro" fashion waves since the "hobo" trends of the 1970s. The 1980s brought back dropped-waist dresses (1920s) and tight little low-stilletto shoes (1960s). The 1990s saw platform heels (1970s), flares (1970s), hipster pants (you guessed it, 1970s!)... So far, in the 2000s, we've seen bits and pieces of a lot of different decades - but the 1950s stuff seems to have lingered the most. I own a lovely patent-alligator bag, with matching patent peep-toe mules, (high-waisted) full circle skirt, and bolero cardigan... That ain't 1960s - that's 1950s. :)

Best Answer