WASHINGTON — Delivering a major blow to state-licensed pot growers in Washington state and Colorado, the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation said today it will not allow any federally-controlled water to be used on marijuana crops. Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/05/20/227933/feds-wont-allow-water-for-pot.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy Is it odd that they will bend others law here and there to get votes but not here?
lostintime1 lostintime1 41-45, M 6 Answers May 21 in Politics

So, don't use 'federally controlled' water (What ever that is) get some from a tap or something? No?<br />
x KVC x

Best Answer

lol.

Best Answer

:-D
I was attempting to be serious!!! Here in the Netherlands, weed is readily available! it's just clashing cultures... :(
x KVC x

Best Answer

They were talking about the big farmers who supply the pot shops that will not get that water when they need it. :/

Best Answer

That's an outrage. Time to buy Evian in bulk!!!! (You know these dudes can afford it!) ;)
x KVC x

Best Answer

Some of them might be okay, small, growers may be able to drill their own wells or tap into a city water supply. Under state law, greenhouse growers can use well water if their operations use no more than 5,000 gallons of water per day

Best Answer

Is that something that's to be imposed all across the US? Why do this
-now- ? I thought the US had changed it's statues and policies on that topic?....
x KVC x

Best Answer

The feds play it both ways because it is a great tax revenue for them. Tax people to fight drugs and then turn around and say well pot is not that bad.

Best Answer

So they occasionally 'play god' like this then, to assert their position? It's just a bit of chest-thumping?
How aggravatingly shallow!
x KVC x

Best Answer

Find that shocking since most elected care only for the pot tax, food and drinking water can be bought. Will need to follow the NAFDA agreement and have it outsourced. Like many jobs in the US, let the Mexicans grow and ship it.

Best Answer

Good lord I was not even thinking about that stuff. ???? Now that opens up a lot of doors. I think some farms that were growing things like organic cantaloupe and was getting fed water wanted to grow marijuana too are the ones that get hurt from this a little.

Best Answer

@hardnut.....News Flash......" We've been supplied by Mexican Pot growers for about 50 years"..... Way ahead of the NAFTA curve !!!

Best Answer

So?

Best Answer

" Delivering a major blow to growers"... That's quite an exaggeration on your part and not indicated by anything in the story .Marijuana grow operations are small in comparison to some farmer with 2000 acres of soy beans for instance.... Growers seeking water for these small operations simply turn on the tap or drill a well... No difference that when my Grandad grew an acre of tomatoes each summer. The Marijuana lobby was testing the court system to further their agenda against the Feds... I'm not taking sides, just pointing out the facts...

Best Answer

Best Answer

Absolutely....They are ALL small growers. s Do you have any concept how much 5,000 gallons of water per day actually is ??? Were not talking about growing food to feed the masses.... This is a non Story.... unless it's spun as an anti government story, us against them baloney .......

Best Answer

It made the news for some reason either they did not want to dig expensive wells or they had plans to go much bigger. I think it is more, the FEDs don't want to be liable in lawsuits and I do not blame them.

Best Answer

Washington Law limits grow operations to 30,000 sq. ft . ( Approx. three quarters of a acre )... Most grow operations are green house style, high tech pumps, controls etc... A gazzilion gallons of federal water was never an issue... The Pot lobby pushed the Feds... The Feds pushed back... Let's move on ...

Best Answer

Be my guest.

Best Answer