Could depression, or just plain old exhaustion.

Best Answer

No, this sounds more like mental exhaustion than it does an illness. If you deal with a lot of stress or anxiety, the body's defense mechanisms will go up. Your mind is tired. Try to let go and relax. Trust that things will work out better if you stay optimistic. It works-- I promise.

Best Answer

Sounds more like the treatment for mental illness to me.

Best Answer

I've had the same sensation/feeling a few times lately. I think it's related to not eating enough healthy food.<br />
It just occurs to me, I stopped eating tomatoes a couple of months ago.<br />
I have eaten lots of tomatoes most of my life, maybe I should start again.

Best Answer

This same thing (or at least a similar thing) was happening to me less than 4 months ago and it had been going on since the beginning of summer... A lot of it I think had to do with certain medications that I was on...I was also extremely stressed,overwhelmed and feeling like I had some rare terminal disease that the doctors would find only once it was too late. I was also extremely detached from any social situations including regular interactions with people. I would just dread having to deal with people because I felt like a complete idiot even though I knew I wasn't. I felt like I was incapable of doing the most simplest of tasks.. It sounds crazy now but that was my mindset for a while...Anyway, I was taken off the medication and in about a month I began to perk up slowly and started to become more sociable, I focused more and more on my school work and slowly began becoming social again by going to various study groups and joining academic clubs etc. O yeah I also dropped a course that I was failing and I knew I would fail because I stopped going. In the end I made 2 A's and 1 B in my courses... Now I'm pretty much back to normal and I feel like a completely different person. I'm also a lot less stressed, I don't feel like the sky is falling down and my overall health (sleep,nutrition,exercise) is improving dramatically along with the increased mental capacity and cognitive skills. I have no clue if this pertains to you at all but that was my own recent experience with something that sounds similar to your problem... Best of luck to you!

Best Answer

No - just been over-extended at work!

Best Answer

Sounds more like you're tired. Take a break and chill with us on EP.

Best Answer

I have the same feeling

Best Answer

It happens when you are super stressed. Sometimes you brain just needs a break. It happened to me after a lot of stressful events in my life. My brain just shut down! I'm getting treated with medication and psychotherapy.

Best Answer