Ambivilent Ambivilent 56-60, M 20 Answers Jan 10, 2013 in Fatherhood

My daddy was very strict and as I was the oldest I bore the brunt of it....I got married to get away though happily it worked out well...I have a brilliant relationship with him now.

Best Answer

I met my dad when I was 11 years old. He's pretty much an *******. I never dated "tough guys". My husband is a sweet caring man who accepts me for who I truly am.

Best Answer

Yes I'm androphobic because of him

Best Answer

My father was (is) a big guy, and he could be tough with other men. He was always very gentle and loving with all of us. That may be why gentleness in an obviously very strong man is something that moves me very much.

Best Answer

My dad is/was the type of guy who was a super kind, sentimental guy, perfect dad for girls...somewhat quiet around others and came off threatening because he's tall and was always kind of big/burly when he was young...but very funny and talkative around me (and later my stepsister too when she came into the picture). He was a hard worker, responsible guy who others respected but never really had to try to be "tough".<br />
I do think having this type of dad has influenced the type of guys I date. I pretty much demand that guys treat me with respect and tenderness. I like guys who present as alpha males but are secret teddy bear types or at least very vocal and sentimental. I could never deal with a super "macho man" tough guy, at least not a guy who acted that way at all times.

Best Answer

My father was a B***DR* and should not have been married or have had children.

Best Answer

*your.<br />
And he said "No dating, only study."

Best Answer

Yes he was! Or he thought he was, which made me think he was... (my parents divorced when I was only 2) and yes, unfortunately I think it did affect me a great deal

Best Answer

Yes, and it did for a while. Then I learned a new way of perceiving :)

Best Answer

No and no.

Best Answer