Call your Rep. in congress the House switchboard operator: 202-224-3121. Tell them to get off their dysfunctional butts, and pass the damn bill that the house won't even put up for VOTE! The middle class, working poor, and the poor are hostage. Unemployment insurance ends Jan 1. What happens to all those people, through no fault of their own lost their livelihoods? Those rich fat bastards in Washington won't feel a thing! Call your rep post here what they had to say! Congress has become a useless, obstructive arm of the federal government, We the People (their bosses), need to light a fire under our reps ***** to get things done. Don't be passive DO something, call, visit, write, your Congressional Reps.
tom1762 tom1762 41-45, M 11 Answers Dec 10, 2012 in Politics

Thanks, I did call and told mine him not to raise anyone's taxes. The problem is clearly too much spending, not too little revenue. Cut programs, fire bloated federal work rolls and cut regulations. The government is totally out of control.

Best Answer

Why do you people push it all on the House when Obama has staunchly refused any compromise?

Best Answer

January 16, 2012
Washington Times
By Stephen Dinan
"... an analysis by The Washington Times of the scope of such activities as time spent in debate, number of conference reports produced and votes taken on the House and Senate floors found that Congress set a record for legislative futility by accomplishing less in 2011 than any other year in history." ... That's why.

Best Answer

Oh the Washington Times...they're known for being neutral politically. Oh hey, "House and Senate" not just the House.

Best Answer

Yes, as I stated "Congress has become a useless, obstructive arm of the federal government". The bill happens to be collecting dust in The House. Call it self-preservation, call it hedonistic, if we go off the cliff, and it looks like we will, the poor will be hit the hardest, the working class people. I'm one of those people that actually benefits from going off the cliff. It doesn't hurt me a bit. Except that I belong to this experiment of democracy, and I give a **** about my employees.

Best Answer

The house is not the Congress..both house and senate make up the congress. The bill is collecting dust because Obama refuses to move on key parts of it. Why would the House pass a bill they don't agree with?

Best Answer

The "top 2%" is a myth spread by rabid Liberals to gain support for their BS.

Best Answer

Would you agree it should at least have a chance to be VOTED on? Let the bill hit the floor, instead of OBSTRUCTING the vote.

Best Answer

And what proof do you offer in support of your "myth" belief? Convince me it's a lie.

Best Answer

It shouldn't be voted on if it contains statutes or what have you that run counter to the majority in the House.
CNBC - " the percentage of Americans who are upper income surged from 14 percent of the population to 20 percent of the population.
According to Pew, the shrinking middle and rising top comes from two trends: “Larger income gains for upper-income households than for others and a decline in the share of adults who live in middle-income households,” as well as a growing “share of the adult population living in upper-income households.”
Granted, some of the middle class also fell lower on the ladder. But the majority of those who disappeared from the middle wound up at the top."

Best Answer

I would argue, let it be defeated on the floor, if that is the case. Vote on it, it's been passed by the Senate, let the House vote.

Best Answer

so what if obama "won" does not mean he is king.
Perhaps You want to be one but aint going to happen.
These are the checks and balances that are built into the system.
and the laws of the land for ALL people. perhaps you should check out the equal protection clause.

Best Answer

our state reps are not going to do any thing,they are part of washington!

Best Answer

That's why YOU, need to call them to get off their butts.

Best Answer

Why are you just on the house! they tried in the senate to put obamas plan up for a vote . Harry ried said NO. <br />
I dont get it. if obamas plan is SOOO good put it for a straight vote.

Best Answer

It passed the Senate, it's in the House.

Best Answer

what senate bill # are you talking about. They tried to bring obamas proposal to the floor for a vote. harrie ried said NO. if obamas proposal is what he wants why not bring it to a vote?

Best Answer

A cliff can be a good thing, in a way. Just like mountain climbers learn to have a very healthy respect for their sport because they know the consequences of being careless or fooling around on a sheer rock face, the threat of the real consequences of going over a fiscal cliff is just what some of the powerful, like Sen. Reid, need to get a reality check.

Best Answer

Perhaps if it were them on the cliff, it would matter, but it's the people that are on the side of the cliff, not Washington.

Best Answer

Hey i know what Im gonna, im gonna call the UN...im sure they can help...jk

Best Answer

"You people"?

Best Answer

shhhhhh...i have to watch my language. liberals...

Best Answer

Why worry about the upper floors when the foundation is cracked and unsafe? This country can't possibly continue on the path it's been on for decades. I say it's time for a change alright.

Best Answer

Thats why the Star Wars guy sold his franchise. He's pissed off to about collecting dividents or something

Best Answer

Looking over the edge of the cliff many times is better than jumping off.

Best Answer