ChillyWilly82 ChillyWilly82 31-35, M 19 Answers Feb 11 in Health

Its going to work and its going to be a good thing no matter how many idiots try to sabotage it.

Best Answer

That is true, I even heard that even those who oppose it say its too late for the opposition to stop it.

Best Answer

I think it is too late for the opponents to stop it.

Best Answer

Exactly!

Best Answer

DAVE!
And here I was under the impression that you could think rationally!
Name ONE thing that Politicians and the Government have gotten into that has ever worked better than the civilian equivalent, has worked right, has cost as originally projected, didn't take for ever, didn't get expanded into an unmanageable mess and wasn't designed as a vote getting tool.

Best Answer

I think it's a step in the right direction, but it remains to be seen if it will actually drive down the costs of medical procedures and drugs. I think going to a single-payer system is probably what we should have done, but that's not going to happen in this country any time soon.

Best Answer

give peace a chance and it will all work out, the old system was broke already (Bill Clinton said so),,my Dad taught me if something is already broke what can you hurt to try and fix it ?so we have fixed a lot of things others would have put in the trash ,,,,with the right person this can be fixed too

Best Answer

It's about time that health insurance was made available in the US for all, not just the healthy.

Best Answer

The Obamacare doesn't seem to be going very well. The government spent a boatload of American tax dollars on a website where people can sign up for Obamacare, only the website wasn't working properly & people couldn't sign up, which created confusion. Now I'm hearing that many employers want to cut workers from full time to part time so as not to have to provide health insurance, because the workers can just sign up for Obamacare instead.

Best Answer

I see. Though here in Canada everyone have access to health benefits, the gov't only covers so much. There are employers that will give you extended benefits to cover things the gov't does not cover. However, I had worked for many companies prefers to have lots of part time employees so they don't have to pay the benefits. Some of these companies are fortune 500 companies which is crazy as they have tons of money.

Best Answer

Owners of Fortune 500 companies are some of the cheapest people around. How do you think they got so rich in the first place? Anyway, just because the government will give you health insurance doesn't mean you can afford to work fewer hours & make less money...I mean, you still have the same household expenses, right?

Best Answer

For yeah case I can see how it would effect you since Obamacare. I can't comment on too much as the Canadian and American government is different.

Best Answer

I never lived in Canada

Best Answer

We do have much high taxes compare to your country. But most of the tax money is spent on health care. Even non working people have access to health care. I think everyone should have access to health care.

Since Obamacare is new I sure there might be many things might not be fully thought out. This is a very common thing happen when a gov't tries to introduce something new. I can see why some employees can be upset of their income level being lower. Though I don't want to get too much into it as I don't fully understand politics. I glad many people shared their point of view on this topic.

Best Answer

So my response may be unique but I personally think it is a doomed to fail policy.

Background information about me:

22 Year old male - no major health issues and healthy.

If I did not have health insurance from my employment right now then here is the reasons Obamacare would suck. ( My opinions of course. )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. At 22 years old healthy I would be required by law to pay something to the tune of $275 every month.

2. At that minimum policy of $275 a month my deductible for anything major can be up to $5,000 annually and then the insurance would kick in to pay 90% of the remaining balance where the last 10% I would need to foot the bill.

3. If you DO NOT have health insurance even if jobless the Internal Revenue Services ( IRS ) can and will charge you something like $95 dollars the first year of being uncovered the next year it can be something to the tune of $500.

( For exact policy review source below. )

4. If I had children / married and had to pay for myself Obamacare could certainly be more than $275 a month and would begin to be at the tune of 500+ if not more...

Ways to make it better for Americans ( Middle Class )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Instead of forcing us to pay from our spendable income, this medical charge should be automatically taxed prior to taxes to be used a government service ( Like Police Officers / Fire Fighters etc... )

2. If the taxes were increased we would see a drop in our spendable income levels but then it would truly be a universal health care policy to where we all pitch in a little bit automatically to pay the doctors / service charges etc etc.

That is just my two cents but I'd love to hear your thought ChillyWilly82

Best Answer
Best Answer

I would agree with your last paragraph with point #2. I know there Americans don't want higher taxes even though their taxes is lower compare to Canada. I think it important for everyone to have access to health care. I like living in Canada if your working or not working, income or no income you still have access to health care.

Best Answer

Even though we are against increase in taxes, this would be a wonderful program that I would pay more in taxes to have as a universal medical service to all citizens of our country.

Yes, it will be paying more, but how many children and people have died from preventable illnesses that could have been treated earlier on but they could not pay the bill for insurance or un covered insurance?

How many people have become bankrupt from uncovered medical bills?

Our system right is designed to break us and it will not work in the long run until a charge is created.

Best Answer

That's an interesting and reasonable proposal. I commend you for putting some thought into an alternative instead of just foaming at the mouth over socialism and stewing over what has already come to pass.

Best Answer

Once it is fully implemented and people find out that having health insurance with rules doesn't suck it will be popular. Republicans hated Social Security when it came out and have always hated it. Same with Medicare. Maybe in a generation or two the US can join the industrialized world with a single payer system.

Best Answer

Hot garbage...thats my thoughts on it. And he can shove it.

Best Answer

Adding...anything coming from a lying backwards turkey has got to be no good.

Best Answer

Can you give an example why you think this. I know some people with it and others are not. I'm not from the States.

Best Answer

Perfect example...Obama proclaimed to be a christian when he became president. Thats his first lie because no way on earth he could have lived up to it in that devil rank that he stands in. What true christian would sign off on abortion? gay marriage? High five with Jay-z a satanic hellian? To name a few

Best Answer

ok thanks for your reply

Best Answer

It'll be just fine.

Best Answer

It's stupid and idiotic

Best Answer

can you explain why?

Best Answer

Nope... All I know is both my mom and dad say its stupid and idiotic so I know it's stupid and idiotic... They don't explain why though:/

Best Answer

No... }:|...

Best Answer

Blows chunks.

Best Answer

And what part of 'if you like your health care coverage you can keep it' was he telling the truth about? You like paying $469/month for lousy coverage? You're certainly welcome to your opinion just as I am to mine. It's going to fail. Even obama doesn't call it obamacare anymore.

Best Answer

He knew when he was saying it that he was lying. He's lied about so many things he cannot be trusted. I don't believe he loves this country.

Best Answer

Oh please. How can you respect someone who's lied, like him, to millions and millions of people? I can't respect someone who spews sycophantic talking points put out by this president and his libtard media.

Best Answer

I still haven't made up my mind. I'll get back to you.

Best Answer

No rush :)

Best Answer

i love these comedy posts

Best Answer

nice try at an insult, larry.. examine the whole obamacare package with a open mind and you will come to the conclusion that it was ill concieved. i have no loyalty to any party.

Best Answer

SOCIALISM mass marketed with lies! It is nearly worthless, wasteful, and loaded with more rules, regulations, fees, fines and Communism!

Best Answer

Enjoy your rationing and troops on every corner to keep the peace ....
And you guys have been holding you greedyassed hand out since then too!!!
Give you free stuff at the expense of the people who actually work, produce and create jobs.
What happens when we all quit and go on the dole? Government run EVERYTHING!
Sound familiar? It's Communism!

Best Answer

Not well thought out.

Best Answer

When you do a rush job it always ends up sloppy.

Best Answer

I hope it's designed to fail. Why should we pay a middle man for doing nothing (private insurance company) for doing nothing than following the law? Seems to me, a single payer system works for the majority of us while a "pay" system works for those who can afford personality as part of heath care. I don't want pain or death..... It's all I ask.

Best Answer

I can say I do like the system how it is in Canada. I'm not working right now and still have access to health care. Note though the only reason why I'm not working is I recently lost my job. Though I know allot of Americans don't like the high taxes here, I don't mind it as we have lots of government services to help people out.

Best Answer

2 trillion dollar joke or one sixth of of our gnp for the year why oh why didnt we go single payer and be done with it there was no sense in kissing the insurance companies *****

Best Answer