I agree cold turkey. All those products on the market just there to make money. Nicotine is out of your system in 48 hrs so its all psychological after that. Don't use your willpower. This won't work. Tell yourself that you CAN have a cig any time you want. Which is true. Carry your cigs with you even. Then you will not feel deprived. The feeling of wanting a cig passes very quickley. Sit with it as much as you can. Don't avoid it. This will make the whole process quicker. All cigs make you want to do is have another cig. They do not calm or relax you. This is a myth. Do not have 'just one' this means you have to start the whole process again!! I read about the whole tobacco industry and how they are laughing at us idiots who are paying for this drug - makes you want to stick two fingers up at them! Not smoked for 11years and if it was last day on earth today I still wouldn't. Dirty smelly things. GOOD LUCK!

Best Answer

i smokes a bit and i want to leave it

Best Answer

I just stopped buying them - can't smoke 'em if ya' don't have 'em - the hardest thing is to stop yourself from going out at 3:00 a.m. and buying a pack

Best Answer

I stopped for most of the time I was pregnant. Had to do it by cutting down but I did it fairly quickly, going from 20 a day to 0 was too much for me to manage in one go! For me, wondering what the f*** I was doing to my baby every time I lit up was a good way to speed up quitting!<br />
Then I went and started again when I got stressed with the sleepless nights and all the new things to learn. grrrrr<br />
I'm not recommending you get pregnant though!!!!<br />
Most people who stop have to have a reason for it, or really want to. <br />
Good luck with it, :-)

Best Answer

Different strokes for different folks!!Some will say cold turkey as others will recommend pills,patches or gum but I will tell you to find a hobbie you will stick to and slowly cut your cigarettes to a point when you only smoke one or two a day and then quit cold!!!Most of it is mental so after a couple of months your system should be clear of any nicotine!!!

Best Answer

Cold Turkey with lifestyle/habit changes. I quit cold turkey 15 years ago and haven't had one since.

Best Answer

I was misdiagnosed with clinical depression when I actually had hypothyroidism and given an antidepressant called, "Luvox". It made me nauseous everytime I lit a cigarette. It also killed the cravings. As I wasn't depressed, I was technically taking an overdose. It's not harmful, though. I'd give that a go. At least 100mg/day :o)

Best Answer