Because Christianity actually adopted many pagan symbols and beliefs as their own to help convert people. "Christmas" is actually placed where it is because of the Celtic winter solstice practices and the Jewish Hanukka. The tree up at Christmas has nothing to do with Christ, but Celtic people would bring it in at winter to ensure the return of the spring. Just one example for you. Even the cross was adapted. Early Christians would be mortified at the wearing of crucifixes or crosses. They wore the symbol on the fish. But a similar symbol used to be worn by the Norse and Celtic peoples. As for the symbols of Sun worship, it is a symbol that has touched all religions at some point. Early Christians worshiped the Sun because they believed God Himself lifted it into the sky for those who worshiped him. So, the Sun was a gift from God that needed to be appreciated. Seriously, go get some education. It might do you some good.

Best Answer

Thank you for the detailed answer and the insult :) I like to judge people I don't know too based off of a silly question on The internet :)

Best Answer

Sorry, I get a little short with people when I have to deal with stupid people. Not you. Some idiot was spewing arrogance and propaganda all over this site and I took the responsibility of taking them down a peg or two. But seriously, look some of it up. It's really interesting to see how much overlaps between religion and beliefs. I study it in my spare time lol

Best Answer

It's called having culture.

Best Answer

because all of these symbols come from common ancestry and people interpret them in various ways.

Best Answer

because people wont stand up for what they believe it ***** me

Best Answer

There's a statue of the Roman god Jupiter on top of the Vatican. Christianity adopted a lot of symbols from the previous religions because it made it easier to convert people.

Best Answer