jjb6560 jjb6560 46-50, M 3 Answers Sep 9, 2012 in Community

beer is a diuretic so adding vitamins would serve no purpose, you would pee them out as you would with regular beer

Best Answer

OK TY makes sense

Best Answer

When you brew beer, the old fashioned way with malted barley, hops and other whole grains there are all kinds of vitamins/fiber/nutrients ect in the brew but the main ingredient that produces alcohol is the sugar. After you boil or brew your mix of malted grains with water to extract the sugar and flavors you want to filter out all the fiber/solids before you ferment this into beer. You want just the liquid left over from this brew. If you leave all that stuff in there when you add yeast you will have a big grainy goopy mess. There's a process to it, I've been making beer, wine, champagne and other things of and on for 20 years. Message me.

Best Answer

Thanks!I actually am not planning on brewing-due to medications I cannot drink any more:(. But my nephew was drinking protein water and asked me if beer could be made like that.Good luck in your experiments!Sounds yummy.

Best Answer