got scrapes, and cuts ? that's how we rolled. and we're still here to tell about the good old days :)
looking4realdeal looking4realdeal 46-50, M 14 Answers Feb 22 in Doing Good

They didn't even have bikes and helmets and ramps when I was growing up! <br />
My generation had to hunt for our supper with wooden spears and never even wore clothes,<br />
we got scrapes and crushed and eaten by wild beasts?<br />
that's how we survived and we're (a few of us), are still here to have PTSD flashbacks about it!

Best Answer

LOL :) did you walk to school in the snow barefoot up a hill both ways too ? haha my grandfather used to tell us that when we were kids.

Best Answer

SNOW!
If we had Snow that would have meant we had Water, A Luxury!
If we were very lucky we would get a mouthful of Water a week!
Otherwise it was chew on a mouse or a lizard until all the juice was gone!
Or maybe lick the morning dew off of rocks and cactus!

Best Answer

kids are wimps these days.... *grins*

Best Answer

they would cry after wiping out on a big wheel. lmao :)

Best Answer

*laughing* and that would be even if they didn't get a scratch because of all the body armour they had on... ;P

Best Answer

lol !! body armor for us was jeans, t-shirt and maybe a Band-Aid. hahaha :p

Best Answer

I know, there must be a God!

Best Answer

so true lol that's what I woke eevery day for. even on construction sites it made good race track for bmx, <br />
nowadays kids are scared to get hurt so they have to do this through Grand theft auto lmao

Best Answer

Yea no cell phone to look at every 2 minutes. Those were great times

Best Answer

the closet thing to a video game was atari watching pong. lol

Best Answer

insurance company. follow the money. being a kid back in our day was not a money making empire.

Best Answer

yeah, the lucky ones are still here...

Best Answer

I remember my poor elementary school principal pleading with the kids not to do that. These were the days of Evel Knievel.

Best Answer

LOL !! at least we didn't build the rocket bike that he used trying to jump the Snake River. jeez.

Best Answer

I broke my arm doing an awesome jump. I got wicked air on that one.

Best Answer

I remember the bike landing, the wheels flying off and me slamming on the cross bar. Then laying in the road in pain with my broken Evil Kenneval bike between my legs. That was the first experience with true pain.

Best Answer

OUCH !!!

Best Answer

Yes, yes it was

Best Answer

I remember not having to wear a helmet in the 70's had a bad crash,hahaha

Best Answer

I remember a girl rode my big wheel down an asphalt hill, hit the gravel in a curve, wiped out on her face. lol. it was pretty bad. :p we still had fun though

Best Answer

I had a friend on the back,oh dear it turned out alright my face recovered. Those where fun times you didn't think about anything really.

Best Answer

no we didn't. if one got hurt, we would make sure they were ok. throw on a little dirt to stop the bleeding and keep going. :)

Best Answer

Yea

Best Answer

I am 42 and still roller skating with no knee pads and helmet. I did break my shoulder a while back, but heck...it healed. lol

Best Answer

nice !! there's more safety BS for kids today than we had. we still got up, dusted the dirt off and kept going. haha :)

Best Answer

I see people at the skating rink with their kids in helmets and knee pads and elbow pads and I feel bad for the kids. We have made a whiney, needy society with all the BS, eh? :)

Best Answer

yup ! I remember every winter when the ice rink would open. I always fell on my elbows or knees. sure it hurt, but damn, I would get back up and go and wouldn't stop. :)

Best Answer

lol...I tried ice skating once....it was awful! I'll stick to my wheels, thank you. :P

Best Answer

hahaha :) must have landed on your *** a few times. hehehe

Best Answer

I just clung to the railing and my legs were going every which way! That was only like 2 or 3 years ago. My son just got out on the ice and took off.

Best Answer

I don't think I would try it now. my luck, I would break my hip or something. lol

Best Answer

Funny that you said that because I fell this past Monday and I was telling a friend at the rink Tuesday night that my hip was sore from the fall...I told him "wonder if I broke it cause I think I am nearing that age now." lmao

Best Answer

I hope you didn't hurt it too bad. that would suck !! it's probably just bruised. if it were broken, you would know it. :)

yeah, we're all nearing that age sooner or later. not looking forward to it, but, at least we have fun memories of being daring and crazy all rolled up into one. lol

Best Answer

Nah, I didn't hurt it too bad. I skated again today and I was fine. My friend is wanting me to jump off a bridge with her this summer. She did it last year with some friends. I don't know if I will make that memory or not. lmao

Best Answer

I don't blame you !! something about a bridge, a rubberband, and falling a few hundred feet and being snapped back up just doesn't tickle my funny bone. lol

Best Answer

Uhhh...there's no rubberband at her bridge! lol...they just jump off and land in the river. And there's an alarming amount of alcohol involved with the whole set-up from what I hear. ;)

Best Answer

gee, I think I'll be busy reading a book that day. lol :p

Best Answer

Haha...exactly! :D

Best Answer

I just couldn't do it. even if there wasn't any alcohol involved, but since there is, you just know something bad is gonna happen. dumb idea to begin with.

Best Answer

I am sure they started that with "hey, y'all! Watch this!......."

Best Answer

LOL :) yeah, I have no doubt about that ! probably after a few cold one's too.

Best Answer

And did you allow your children to do so too?

Best Answer

When my kids learned to skate, I stuck skates on them and put them on the floor and let them go. They have been just fine and love skating almost as much as me ;)

Best Answer

that's really awesome !! if they fall and get a bump, do they shake it off and keep going like we did when we were kids ?

Best Answer

Yep...they have to sit for a minute when it's really bad, but then they are right back at it.

Best Answer