miraedocommunistPortugal miraedocommunistPortugal 16-17, M 23 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in Politics

I think the reason it was so close is that people didn't want Obama again. But when your other choice is Mitt Romney, it's sort of like, fine, I guess it'll have to be Obama.

I'm astounded that the only 2 people America gave themselves for President is Obama & Romney though. Surely there's a point where someone says "Isn't there anyone better in this country to run for President!?"

Best Answer

As a great friend of the Americans

You get what you VOTE for

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

Relieved the nazi didn't win.

Best Answer

Good one!

Best Answer

The way I see it it was a victory for the lesser of two evils. I am not at all crazy about what Obama has done in regards to foreign policy and the new police state next door is terrifying but the same foreign policy and even more police state under Romney plus his right wing economics would have turned the US into a combination of the GDR and Greece especially with that crackpot Ryan as VP.

Best Answer

All of my Belgian friends were hoping for Obama to win. They got their wish.

Best Answer

They're not alone. I saw a poll the other day that analysed whether people in 31 or 35 other countries would prefer Obama to Romney. 81% said Obama. And among European countries, it is usually above 95%.
Honestly, I'm not a great supporter of Obama, but he's way better than Romney. Americans chose the best of two evils, in my opinion.

Best Answer

Honestly really happy.

Best Answer

Not much change in the house, but very happy Romney did not take office. Also, great progress for both gay rights and for marijuana legalization.

Best Answer

i am glad it's over...oh i am sorry i am american.

Best Answer

DElighted.

Best Answer

Just waiting for all the complaining too stop in a month or two

Best Answer

The better man got the job. I wonder if the house will let him get anything done.

Best Answer

Let's hope not. Unless he begins to compromise.

Best Answer