Against forced arranged marriages but if both parties involved want an arranged marriage more power to them.
Arranged marriages seem to have a better track record. To the best of my knowledge the divorce rate is no where near 50%
Well, doesn't that suck?
After some thought I must say that a lot of marriages probably end in suicide!
Arranged marriages have more success than lust.
You dont need to be Part of that Specific Religion or Have a Religion to listen to this :<br />
Its about why Arranged Marriage is Better and often More Stable etc etc <br />
No Offense to anyone Please :** Enjoyy <3333
It depends on the circumstances. It can be good if anything.
Individuals choice alone x
Dead against arranged marriages. I've mentioned some of the reasons for my stance. Please excuse my rigidity about this issue. Its just that I've seen some horrors with my own eyes.<br />
- The only reason arranged marriages have a higher success rate is because of their antipathy to divorce (which can turn very oppressive in case of couples who are genuinely incompatible). It may seem romantic to Westerners, but if you look closely, you'll feel the stench from the rot inside this barbaric system.<br />
- This is not always the case, but most of the time, the system of arranged marriages is fully to blame for a host of social ills:<br />
When you marry a girl you hardly know and definitely don't love (and who will most probably be completely financially dependent on you for the rest of your life), you'll want to be compensated, right? ----Dowry.<br />
When you have daughters of your own, you know that you'll have to pay lots of dowry for them, so many people choose to kill their daughters instead. ----- Female foeticide/infanticide and preference for sons.<br />
Arranged marriages are the result of oppressive and anachronistic social institutions like the caste system. So, if your son/daughter elopes with someone outside their caste, you have a big problem on hand. ----- Honor killings.<br />
- On a more psychic level, arranged marriages stifle all individuality and thought. <br />
- About the Western fascination with arranged marriages, I feel that it is mostly the result of glamorous Bollywood movies. Also, when change and uncertainty overwhelms life, people choose to fall back on old social mores just to have a feeling of security. Believe me, people - arranged marriages are every bit as 'insecure' as love marriages. It's just that everything is kept under wraps. Please don't give up your free will for anything. Please teach yourself how to handle your freedom well, instead of throwing it away.<br />
- 'Elders' are no wiser than the rest of us. You can learn this the easy way or the hard way. Its your choice.
if arranged marriage is not a "forced" marriage and all people are involved in it just to help you make a decision not to force a decision on you than its alrite.and divorce has nothing to do with arrange or love marriage.people get divorces which is a decent way of saying good by to eachother.it shouldnt be seen something ugly,its a way an exit.
The first time I got married I was very young and all I cared about was good looks and romance (I didn't even stop to think if we were compatible or if he could earn a living).<br />
The second time I got married I made sure he was financial secure but the physical attraction is not that great and we have compatibility issues and fight all the time.<br />
I am starting to think that the wisdom of the elders might not be too bad.
Against. It's retarded. It goes against human nature. Humans are supposed to fall in love, not forced to. I told my mom. No. Arranged. Marriages. I. HATE. The. Idea. She told me that that was fine, so long as I got a muslim boy. IDGAF fuçk religion. I want my man agnostic, scientific, and a gamer.
That's why I'm objectum sexual, and if I find a guy, it won't be romantic. It will be for science and gaming. I can't feel romantic love. If he dumps me, I won't give a single fuçk.
eh who am i to step on someone else's culture
I dont mind being introduced to someone through family or friends. is this arranged?
Why would I be for arranged marriages?
forced arranged marriages are criminal and illegal. but if consenting adults are happy then that's fine...I do know people who've had arranged marriages and it worked out well for them.
Strongly against. <br />
Marriage, to me, is a way of displaying undying love, loyalty, devotion, respect and so forth to the one you dearly love.
Against...too traumatic on both parties. However, after being married for almost 30 years, I am pretty sure any random woman would have worked just as well in the end. People grow to love each other, or not. It takes effort sometimes so I can see why arranged marriages have survived in society.
For, as long as both partners know exactly the terms of the contract. Otherwise, definitely against.
It has it's pros and cons. I would say I am nuetral.
My friend's folks were arranged and they're still together after almost 30yrs or so and still have sex on the regular. So I guess there's something to them afterall.
Totally against it. When I hear " arranged marriage" or " Mail order bride", I think of the man or woman that gets that thing to be very lazy and desperate. It makes me feel very uncomfortable to know that they've forced someone to marry them as if it was " always meant to be ". It's just not right. <br />
People should marry who they wanna marry, not have them told who they're going to marry whether they like it or not.