I am moving out soon myself and I have very little experience in the kitchen. =/ A little bit of advice would be appreciated.
LiesAreEntertainment LiesAreEntertainment 22-25 12 Answers Apr 17, 2013 in Food

grilled cheese and tomato soup, mmmmmmm

Best Answer

I make my own bread. I also enjoy healthy pizza. A hand made pizza can have whatever you want in it.<br />
I enjoy cooking many things Knowing how to cook is key.

Best Answer

Dropped egg on corn beef has is quick, easy and delicious. I'm a great one for omlettes as well (you can add cheese, sliced up lunch meats, chopped tomatoes-whatever). I know you said no frozen dishes, but Marie Calender Pot pies are great and microwaveable (had one tonight). Boneless chicken breasts, a small steak or fish are quick and easy on the gas grill ( experiment with seasonings and Italian dressing marinade. Boiled potatoes or veggies are also quick and easy. There are lots of things you can cook for one that are quick, easy and taste great....good luck!

Best Answer

i just did this the other day and it was pretty good. you'll need: 2 or 3 chicken thighs (with skin), one fresh tomato, some fresh garlic cloves, vegetable oil (olive oil will also work). use a little bit of oil to thinly coat the surface of an oven pan. put the thighs on skin up. quarter the tomato, cutting top to bottom, then halve the quarters sideways. put the tomato chunks on the tray around the chicken thighs. then put on a nice bunch of peeled garlic cloves (don't slice or anything). tomato and garlic should not be on top of chicken (lets the skin get crispy). season with salt pepper, garlic powder and put in a preheated oven set to bake at 350. done in about half hour or when juice is clear when poked with fork or knife. tastes like you got it at a restaurant.

Best Answer

yeah. the thigh is probably the cheapest part of the chicken. it helps for the garlic and tomato if you have a vegetable stand nearby, but not too bad in the grocery store either. for the spices and oil, i just get the cheapest kind the store has. the prep time on the food can be done quickly while the oven is preheating, then about half an hour to cook.

Best Answer

I've been doing this for a few years. Here is the best of what I have learned.<br />
#1 Get a good mess of spices gathered. The single best place to get the basics and a few specialties is Aldi. They often get European quality, so the flavors are more intense than spices from other stores in the USA plus the prices are unbelievably low.<br />
#2 Take Dr Oz seriously, and more than one running coach: Eat like a poor person. Poor person from an earlier era. Rice and beans. My favorite is black beans. And by rice, I mean brown rice from anywhere or at least jasmine rice not from the USA. This is where the spices come in. Learn to use them.<br />
#3 Also, greens and other colored stuff. Often, you can prepare or even cook a bunch of this stuff twice a week and simply reheat at meal time.<br />
#4 Remember to eat some fruit, too. Blueberries and pears. And oranges for potassium.

Best Answer

Ramen noodles come out of a bag......just saying. You will eat a ton of that stuff and @ .22 cents a pop it is super cheap.

Best Answer

Stir fry is pretty easy. Just chop up some veggies, and sone chicken and mix it all together in a pan with some olive oil and some seasonings. White rice is super easy to make. Sometimes i buy the stir fry veggies that are already cut up and pre-packaged for you and they're only like a dollar or 2. Sometimes i find them at the 99 cents store xD

Best Answer

OKay, get some hamburger meat. Make patties. Some salt and pepper. Heat a pan. Let it get hot. Cook the burger patty. Slice some tomatoes and wella ... a meal :)

Best Answer

It's even better if you chop up sone garlic and onions and mix it in the meat, gives it a ton of more flavor P:

Best Answer