I don't think parents and step-parents should spank their kids. But I'll concede it's legal (in the U.S.) and that, unfortunately, includes bare bottom spankings - even for teens. But when a teenage girl gets spanked for her choice of clothing, i.e. having a good amount of cleavage showing, wearing tiny string bikinis, tight jeans, mid-rif baring tube tops, thong underwear, short mini skirts, etc., aren't those parents being sexist? Whoever hears of teenage boys getting spanked for ''showing too much skin''? Why is it o.k. for a teenage boy to wear nothing but shorts and sneakers while playing basketball with friends in the front driveway or a neighborhood park but when his older sister wears a tube top and short skirt and heads out shopping with her girlfriends she ends up getting a bare bottom spanking upon returning home? And then there's the whole hypocrisy thing about getting that bare bottom spanking for ''showing too much skin'' in front of others, including young boys.
BeckyRomero BeckyRomero 26-30, F 7 Answers Jun 28, 2013

You have some very good points. It is very hypocritical to spank a girl bare butted for showing "too much skin".

Best Answer

I see your points but it is not being sexist it is facing the reality that all teenage boys want sex. Daughters are the ones that come home pregnant and the boys leave them the second they find that out. It is wrong both ways but a female that flaunts what she has is sending the message that she is easy to get and will have sex with just about anybody. I am not saying she will or won't but that is the message she would be sending. Therefore, she is disrespecting herself, her family, and the female gender so no it would not be wrong to give her a good old fashioned spanking. However, the boys who go around flaunting their skin and stuff need a good spanking as well.

Best Answer

What would have me wear on a hot, humid, midwestern day? A burka? How is simply wearing something comfortable ''flaunting" what we have or sending a message that we're "easy" and not at all particular about who we'd have sex with? The parents of those boys need to do a better job of keeping their sons' pants zipped up and be legally required to pay for all child support and the medical costs of the pregnancy when their sons don't.

Best Answer

What I meant by that is the way some people would see it. Most of that comes from paranoid people that was like that when they were young. I agree both ways that it takes two to tango. However, some people still try to live like this is the 1820's and there are a lot of people who get behind on child support because they don't pay it like they are supposed to.

Best Answer

I totally agree! Let the girls wear whatever they want. And the boys too.

Best Answer

good point !

Best Answer

Well Becky you and I have talked about this before. If you are told not to swear something and what would happen if you did. Well then yes you should be spanked. You choice to wear what you were told not to wear but you choice other wise. Now the way you were spanked was wrong. You should have been spanked in private like behind any closed door. Now you cannot control what your parents do of course this being said when your dad okay sorry step dad said he was going to spank you should of just did what he told you to do even if you were against it. Because the longer you fight the spanking the worse the spanking will be right or the more chance someone will come in and see the whole thing. Or you should of ran off into another room and called your mom. It time you were honest young lady you worn what you were told not to wear because you wanted to push you step dad to see what he would do. Yes I believe you said your mom said you could wear that bikini but your step dad said no well why not listen to your step dad it's not the point your mom said yes you would not get any punishment from her what ever you did but with your step dad you would get spanked so why not wear something else and save your bum and get your mom to speak to your step dad. Okay I believe you said you did not think you would get caught wearing it. But surely when you put it on you thought in the back of your head wearing this will get me a sore bum? But you choice to wear in any ways so more or less you were willing to risk it. Okay you are right you mom said you could but what your mom said would not get you into trouble with anyone but your step would spank you so you should of play save and let your parents work it out. Yes I totally agree with you that having to different answers is not go for anyone both parent should be on the same page.

Best Answer

I never even got the chance on that spring day in 2002 to try to explain that my mom said I could wear that bikini. My stepdad and I just started arguing when he caught me going upstairs to change after my mom left the house to go shopping (I didn't even realize my stepdad had returned home) and within minutes I was being spanked on my bare bottom in front of my younger brother and his friend (a boy who I regularly babysat). I was 16, about 3 months shy of 17. I had just finished 10th grade and would be starting 11th in the fall, a high school junior! I had a drivers license. I babysat neighborhood kids on a regular basis. And then, within moments, I was crying like a baby and felt like a 3-year old girl who had no need to be given modesty considerations. It was humiliating, degrading and shameful. I was reduced to a crying, naked, jiggling spectacle - and was only saved from a prolonged spanking because my mom had returned having forgotten something. That didn't matter, though, because that spanking became the first of many. And by the time their divorce was final, my reputation was in shambles. Eventually, there wasn't a kid who I babysat, or their parents, who didn't know I was getting regular bare bottom spankings. I am not disputing that my stepdad had the legal right to spank me, even the way he did. The judge in the divorce case made that clear. But that doesn't make it right.

Best Answer

Yea but Becky this was done to you not that you had a choice in it. You will find a lot of people here on EP that are drive cars one moment and the next bent over the bed getting spanked. And yes I know people lie here but these people I trust. But again you mom could of put a stop to these spanking just by telling your step dad no you cannot spank by kids.

Best Answer

Well, that's the end result of the divorce. Although it's true that because she had tolerated my younger brother being spanked for years, the judge felt that my stepdad had a right to discipline me as well throughout the custody dispute period.

Best Answer

Well if she allowed your step dad to spank your brother then why not you? and it was not the first time he spanked you right?

Best Answer

She didn't want him spanking either of us. But, no, she didn't stop him but they had huge arguments about it. That was the first day (in the spring of 2002) that he spanked me although I nearly received spankings a number of times before that.

Best Answer