And how did you handle "coming out" as a tattooed person to those family members? What was their reaction? Same goes for those with piercings.
CaptainHotPantsPicard CaptainHotPantsPicard 22-25, F 6 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Tattoos & Piercings

My boyfriend hates tattoos..Already four years ago i told him i wanted another- and he took it very hard when i finally got it. We had a big breakdown because of it- but now he doesn't mind it as much as the idea i was defiant enough to get it. I think if they love you enough- the anger will pass. It is a choice we make, and it is our bodies.

Best Answer

I am covered (including my face) and my girlfriend of 3 years is not a fan but she loves the person underneath. If you want tattoo's get them it does not change the person. Its not your problem if your family are against them the should accept you for who you are. Best of luck.

Best Answer

try n wait til yr 18.....after that its al yr choice.. and those who dont like them, thats thr opinion and should not deter u from wat u love....im covered in them...got my 1st one at 18 and my dad was so angry...and nevered like tattoos for maqnmany yrs, he got used to them and realised im still the same pwerson inked or not.. :)

Best Answer

Yeah I'm 24, married and living out of the home for years now lol but of course, still a little girl in my dad's eyes :) I've got 6 so far, their opinion definitely isn't stopping me. Just curious how everyone's dealt with it.

Best Answer

WOW!!! Your 24 and married. I thought you was still a teenager. Lead your own life.

Best Answer

Like I said, I do. I'm already semi heavily tattooed. Just wondering how people told their difficult family members.

Best Answer

My mother isn't too keen on mine, but she had to get over it!

Best Answer

I can get tattoos with permission, but in 12 months when i'm 18 i'll be able to get them without.<br />
My Dad would allow it, but would probably tell me not to do it now because I might regret it or something + its expensive.<br />
My Mum still thinks of me as a baby :P She would never allow it.<br />
If I have enough money, for my 18th I'll probably get two half sleeves.

Best Answer

My mom and grandmother

Best Answer