monardella monardella 36-40, F 9 Answers Sep 18, 2012 in Community

That's wonderful! I know the feeling well. If it ever seems to fade, I have found something that has always helped me get it back and so far it has worked everytime for me. I have been painting for a living for nearly 40 years, so this isn't a rare occurance for me.<br />
I take a day off and do something that has nothing to do with painting or being an artist or the business of art. I will go to a good movie, or read a good book all day. Maybe go visit non artist friends if they are not working during the day. Maybe I will run all the errands I have been putting off. Get the car washed, maybe oil and filter change. Anything other than art. The next day. I get up shower and while in the shower I begin "programing" myself saying it was going to be a good day of painting. I eat a good healthy breakfast and go into my studio, put on some up beat music, lay out a fresh palette of paint and make myself paint, no matter how uninspired for 1 hour. Only once that I can remember did I stop at an hour because there was a family emergency. Normally, that hour becomes three or four or more, or until I become hungry. I make a quick sandwich and a glass of water and go back in the studio to eat and decide what's my next move on the painting or any corrections needeed. The point being stay in the "energy" of the working studio atmosphere. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it sure works for me. It is also a good exercise to maintain the discipline it takes to be a working and prosperous artist, and in this economy that is absolutely imperative, if you wish to keep a roof over your head and food on the table. Good luck and keep the energy flowing. (SMILE)

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice, that sounds like a great strategy!

Best Answer

Congratulations! I don't know you but I feel good for you. There's not a better feeling than being able to do what you love without the bad feelings. :)

Best Answer

Awesome

Best Answer