Southpaugh Southpaugh 18-21 26 Answers Jul 30, 2012

Clinton started it by allowing for loans to be given to people who could never repay them.<br />
Bush started two wars.<br />
Obama did alot of stupid bailouts.<br />
The government overall is to blame.

Best Answer

I would say it lies squarely at the feet of the elite and that goes for the Capitalist class and the political class alike. The capitalists that are willing to destroy the world to make a buck and the politicians who sold out their fellow citizens to get a cut of the spoils. Welcome to the new feudalism.

Best Answer

"Welcome to the new feudalism." Well said!

Best Answer

unions

Best Answer

Yeah, because of a union I have health care and retirement. Damn me all to hell for it too!

Best Answer

the greedy elites

Best Answer

Why the free market , neo-liberal capitalist vultures of course ......who else ?

Best Answer

Our parents. Selfish F**kers

Best Answer

The GOP.

Best Answer

your moma credit cards, credit crisis

Best Answer

Bush and cronies. No question! Clinton brought a huge deficit to its knees and we were flourishing when a non-elected dunce and friends put their myopic disaster train on the tracks and shoved it down the throats of our citizens. We choked as our allies cringed and our future was destroyed day by day by lies and greed. We and our kids are SCREWED, unless you are a white Repube man.

Best Answer

WE are all guilty as charged, don't blame the politicians we can vote them in or kick them out. But we have forgotten that the power runs from the bottom to the top. We have turned control over to a select few and do nothing but complain<br />
Don't blame the banks we sign the papers and spend the money. We are selfish and greedy. When the housing market was going crazy we all stood in line to sell at inflated prices or to mortgage our homes to the hilt to buy overpriced toys<br />
Don't blame other countries we created the mess right here at home. Companies outsource jobs to other countries because unions and union members have driven labor prices too high. Don't blame foreign investors they are just buying what we put up for sale.

Best Answer

WE did by electing the GOP into power for 30 odd years. we did cuz WE don't wanna pay for anything,wahwahwah, my taxes are to high wahwahwah start a war but i ain't gonna pay for it with TAXES! and you ain't gonna take my kids anyway!<br />
wahwahwah...so china pays for 2 wars, thousands of vets are returned to those wars,americans still won't pay for the folly of Iraq, the bail outs of BUSH by the way have not been paid back in full. so in the all you have to do is look in the mirror.

Best Answer

The US had plenty of economic woes, recessions, and depressions before the great depression, but when it hit the democrats took the time to carefully construct numerous safeguards to prevent the disaster from happening again. When the US emerged from the great depression the country prospered as never before with all those safeguards in place, but industries fought to deregulate them. The end result was a return to exactly the same kind of corrupt practices that caused the great depression in the first place and a similar house of cards being built only to collapse and run the entire world economy into the dirt.<br />
I don't blame the industries for looking out for their own interests and I don't blame the government either. The American people allowed this to happen and even encouraged it preferring to gamble their future away and fight among themselves rather than deal constructively with the growing problems of outsourcing, automation, and their increasing reliance on credit. Instead of changing with the times, a significant percentage of the population remains adamant to this day what we need to do is roll back the clock another hundred years. That's just the way it goes in the most classist and capitalistic society in the developed world where winning is everything and morality, public welfare, reason, etc. all take a backseat to winning at any cost.

Best Answer

I firmly believe the downfall started with The Industrial Revolution. When a man, and his family, stopped living off of the land, on their own property, self-sufficient and started working for another man, dependent on him for his pay check, in an unhealthy environment. This cycle of existence has finally caught up with us. Sure, you can blame political figures throughout history, but I think their decisions were made ba<x>sed on the system previously formed. Hardly isolated.<br />
There. That's my soap box preaching for today!

Best Answer

Oh, I agree whole-heartedly. Once the Big Money moguls could create lots of big 'things', they had to create a market--and that market was War, and from there they expanded to creating and marketing all sorts of products and services that the middle class by and large didn't need. From there it was women entering the workforce and being targeted for lots of rubbish they don't need. Finally, it was a dumbed down educational system that made stupid consumers of millions of people from the 80s to now--people who have little common sense and will 'buy' anything the government and big money wants to sell them, including taking loans on houses the couldn't afford, investing in pyramid schemes, and bailing out vastly wealthy banks, when 46 million American live in official poverty. This long developing scheme was meant simply to create a vast cash cow from the American Middle Class, and until Americans stand up and take their government back and allow a true free market economy to flourish with true competition, and only a strict Constitutional government to exist, things will only get worse because millionaires never give a f**c about anything or anyone that might get in the way of them becoming Billionaires.

Best Answer

My friend, in a nutshell, Capitalism has played itself out. base human nature once again prevails. We must create a new system based on the internal transformation of the individual. One of the original concepts for forming America. An on-going process.

Best Answer

I need to start reading more on our founding fathers, but the more I encounter of their wisdom the more impressed I am on how absolutely brilliant these men were--and forward thinking...

Best Answer

Define 'better'. They will live longer with better health. May not have as much purchasing power (on average) but that does not necessarily mean it's worse.

Best Answer

Live longer? Two-thirds of our population is overweight, with 1/3 clinically obese (100 million+). For young people these rates are likely to be higher due to poorer education compared to their parents, more poor quality foods in supply / virtually no cooking of fresh foods anymore, and many fewer schools offering Physical Education--not to mention that having less options in life creates more depression and higher rates of consumption. The attendant rates of hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, colon cancer, and a host of other maladies due to obesity and weight problems are skyrocketing. At the moment, about 17% or slightly more than 10 million school age children are obese, and likely to die in their 40s, and this will only get worse.

Best Answer

That's the US I'm in UK. We have an obesity problem but not as bad as yours. At the moment the average life span is increasing by one month every year. Approx 20-25% of those born now are predicted to pass 100.

Best Answer

Mine will be better, ignoring my own successes... we have the Internet people, the Internet.

Best Answer

Oblunder, he squandered hundreds of billions of dollars. The Gov always screws things up once it gets in volved. the depression of 29 was made worse by the Gov involvment.

Best Answer

9/11.

Best Answer

We are..

Best Answer