i leave

Best Answer

Narcissism doesn't just suddenly show up after you marry someone, so we should be able to presume that this isn't a spouse. Therefore, it's someone to whom you have probably made no vows. In that case, one is free to sever the relationship.

Best Answer

No, it is a marriage and he was very different before the wedding and after the wedding.

Best Answer

alas, then, you have made those pesky vows.

Best Answer

It's hard to be happy around a mentally ill person (dealing with their moods and irrational behaviours) You have to decide if you want happiness and peace of mind. Weigh the good and the bad if the bad outweighs the good- it's time to end the relationship.

Best Answer

Get rid of the maggot

Best Answer

Not very well. Narcissist really don't see the damage they cause to a person emotionally. In fact, they don't think they're doing anything wrong...it must be you. The truth is, the narcissist is unable to understand the path of destruction he/she causes. I encourage you (because I went through it) to google the name Linda Martinez-Lewi, Ph.D. She is an expert in narcissism. I found incredible help from her website that finally set me free from the madness! I applaud your courage to ask the question and wish you all the best.

Best Answer

Thanks! I'll check it out. Fortunately my husband DOES realize it is at least partly him -- only because this is his second marriage and he has been smart enough to realize that if I'm saying the same things she said, there may actually be something to it, so we have been in counseling since last April, but he keeps talking about dropping his portion, because he's already changed. lol

Best Answer

If you want to be happy, I'd say you would have to be a very strong person, to realize they are the way they are and if he loves you, and respects you and is there for you and you love him, then stay. However, if you feel yourself cringing at his narcissism...then I'd say you have to leave.

Best Answer

Love of course! Understanding their emotions and being a strong enough person to be there for them and keep yourself smiling

Best Answer