Sometimes, when the feeling become too much to handle, I just don't know how to stop myself. The urge to physically harm myself becomes consuming... I know the classic rules-- don't be left alone, get rid of the harmful objects, call 911, wait X amount of time before you do anything rash... but sometimes, it's just not enough. Has anything helped any of you when you're feeling that bad?Thanks for your input.
Moonchild707 Moonchild707 18-21, F 11 Answers Aug 16, 2010

Normally I try to think of other nice things or do something I like. But being on my own a lot, it does not always work. Some one there for tou, always helps. But alone, its much harder. I know, I just come out of hospital, wish does not help much ever

Best Answer

go to sleep, or seeing as its hard to sleep, if you live anywhere rural/sub urban, go into the woods or somewhere away from everyone and just sit down, if your in the middle of a city go sit on a rooftop, and just have a little escape, or a cry if you can<br />
is it because you have no one to talk to is the reason why you have these tendancies?

Best Answer

Don know about you but reading all the answer here helps me.

Best Answer

I keep my mind busy. The internet helps. Phone someone, turn the tv or radio on. In my case I don't make attempts when I am like this, I'm more methodical. I plan ahead. If you act on impulse you are more likely to mess it up and cause yourself permanent physical damage. <br />
Remember these urges are temporary they do subside. Do not make any desicions in this mood.

Best Answer

I've always had someone that's depended on me threw out my life oneway or another & I've always reminded myself that I'm all they have to depend on so I stuck round for them. as You've got to do for someone even if You think their not there they are

Best Answer

a boxing bag works pretty well for me...tho i dont use boxing gloves so im still causing harm to my knuckles...il have arthritis when im older but hitting the bags not gonna kill me

Best Answer

It helps to repeat yourself that if you commit suicide, your loosing, fight to win... I always think that self-pity, understood as to think how sad I feel, how bad the world is, etc... wont help me but just slow me down... eventually we all need to move forward. When you sit too much in those dark, negative thoughts, you start falling into suicide impulses so my trick is to force myself to do things, even if you feel that you don't want to...just do it. keep your mind as busy as you can, and any time sadness comes to you, choose not to be sad. It's all about what you choose. (hope it helps :))

Best Answer