BarmyCow BarmyCow 51-55, F 19 Answers May 12, 2012

Somebody taking care of my every need... feeding me, bathing me, brushing my hair, getting me dressed, taking me out, buying everything I need, and tucking me in at night.

Best Answer

LOL!

Best Answer

As Joni Mitchell said, "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone!"

Best Answer

My wide-eyed innocence and my lime green bell-bottoms....

Best Answer

I miss the comparative innocence of having just three TV channels (in the UK) and the VCR was a futuristic idea that only the wealthy could afford. Microwave ovens were also a new invention and we were listening to Gary Glitter on our cassette recorders. Shops closed on Sundays and half-day Wednesdays; TV ended at midnight and nothing was broadcast until midday. McDonald's was only in London. Brushed denim flares and platform shoes were de rigeur and eating out at a restaurant was only for very special occasions. Milk was delivered to the doorstep in bottles. The Queen celebrated her Silver Jubilee in 1977 and now she's reached the Diamond!<br />
I miss the days before computers and the internet when people sent letters and cards instead of email and the shops and 'catalogues' were the only place you could buy something. Very few people carried credit cards or owned their own homes and although that sounds scary to the people of 2012 it was actually a cash society and virtually impossible to become embroiled in the kind of debt we take for granted these days.<br />
Most of all I miss the days when I had my whole life ahead of me and the possibilities seemed limitless.

Best Answer

Oh, and I miss the days when the tragedy of an AIDS epidemic would have seemed like a science-fiction horror story.

Best Answer

Disco.

Best Answer

Being an innocent kid.

Best Answer

I remember dune buggies driving down the road painted in metal flake green or orange.

Best Answer

Yeah, me too! That was so cool! Everything was sparkly orange - my uncle had a sparkly orange speed boat that we would take to Lake Meade. Good times! I also loved the pop music, classic rock (back then it wasn't classic yet), and disco!

Best Answer

I still like some disco music. The tv shows were cool too, Three's Company and CHIPS.

Best Answer

R&B... and music in general where the vocalists could actually SING rather than talking their way through a number, or having their voices electronically inhanced.

Best Answer

All I had to do was go to school during the day and read all night.

Best Answer

my friends.........i looked sane in comparison

Best Answer

bad time for me just out of viet nam. friends moved away getting on with their lives.call a baby killer cause of the news people.instead of being a hero I was a war monger,I would have to say not a dam thing.

Best Answer

Some of the music, being much younger, but number one good thing (though I don't know if it counts as something I think of as missing) about the 1970s--it was the last decade before people had to start worrying about HIV/AIDS.

Best Answer

The progressive rock of the early 70's: Pink Floyd, Renaissance, ELP, Yes, etc.

Best Answer