To Ramona - Bob Dylan Ramona, come closer, Shut softly your watery eyes. The pangs of your sadness Shall pass as your senses will rise. The flowers of the city Though breathlike, get deathlike at times. And there's no use in tryin' T' deal with the dyin', Though I cannot explain that in lines. { ... } Here's the link http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bobdylan/toramona.html There's the Verbal level, the textual, symbolic, and general meaning...
Crediblesource Crediblesource 18-21, F 2 Answers Oct 21, 2013 in Poetry

Start at the beginning, tiny segments, roll them around, jot notes, expand, contract, expound and then surmise .... crumple your paper and toss it away ... start again ... stop, think ...<br />
Who is/was Ramona? ... Why does she matter? to him? to her? ... Does she need to hear him? or is he needing to tell her? ... What? ... Why?<br />
Have fun!

Best Answer

Thank you :) if you have any more ideas, they're very welcome...
Thanks again so much :)

Best Answer

You do realize that was all totally a pure guess!!! After reading about it, ie: "Thus what appears stable and logical is revealed to be illogical and paradoxical, and interpretation is by its very nature misinterpretation." and "In deconstruction, the critic claims there is no meaning to be found in the actual text, but only in the various, often mutually irreconcilable, 'virtual texts' constructed by readers in their search for meaning" ..... I was befuddled and just threw those words together, BUT if it helped... Go For It! (I claim 1/2 of your grade though!)

Best Answer

Hehehehe thank you, no I am aware what deconstruction is... It's basically reading the text against itself... but i needed to be inspired because the text alone did not stimulate me enough... thank you :)
and yes you can claim half of my grade, only it's not really graded, just an assignment....

Best Answer