I wasnt diagnosed until I was in my 40's.<br />
Still fight it, summer time and increased natural light helps.<br />
It amazes me though at the number of people that consider us damaged goods...that hurts more than the blues sometimes.

Best Answer

It is my understanding that having had depression once you are definitely more susceptible to experiencing it a second time. From my own personal experience I would say that it is hard to fully recover when you have experienced recurring depression.

Best Answer

I've been in a depression since a three. I have day that are good, but right now I am in one of the worst depressions I've ever been in. I try daily to get out and about but somedays its stay at home

Best Answer

Yep - Every time I have a relationship end I fall apart! I hate myself and wonder what is so 'bad' about myself that I am so unlovable and not 'worthy' of having anyone stay with me... Drives me crazy!<br />
Mind you, I am aware that I tend to drive them away with my paranoia and possessiveness,plus I have been told I am never satisified with anything and never will be - the more I have the more I want!<br />
Have tried different types of medications and therapy - Am single at the moment in fact and just cannot be bothered with risking the emotional trauma again! Not at this stage - am sick of being the one that always ends up hurt and worse off!

Best Answer

yes, many times<br />
It's a curse I have to live with.

Best Answer

I had depression like 3-4 years ago, and I never seeked help, but eventually it went away. Now it has come back, and it's not because I'm in the same situation I was in before. I am acually getting professional help now because my every day has become a living hell. It's like I've always said: Earth is the true hell.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

Yep. Nope.

Best Answer

yes, and i am currently taking something called sam-e. it is an alternative medication that boosts your mood.

Best Answer

yes and yes, things happen in life, you get better and then things get bad again. I've seen therapists off and on since I was 15. It definitely helps in the long run. life is not a constant, things are always changing and evolving, but you can learn how to deal with depression, make a list of coping mechanisms and keep it close to you at all times.

Best Answer

I have had depression throughout my life since about 14 y/o and I am nearing 40. I can go years being stable and happy but take medication. The times I've sunk back down usually occur when something extremely stressful happens in my life. Over the years I've learned to recognize triggers and implement coping skills. In my experience, if I take care of myself I can minimize episodes, but sometimes no matter what you do it won't work and you will need to seek help from a professional.

Best Answer

I was diagnosed with depression at six years old, and I have had it off and on again for years. I'm 23 now and am sinking into it again. I have to switch anti-depressants about every four years, it seems. I don't know if it is because I get to them, or what. I tried going off of them for a period of time and that was a huge mistake.

Best Answer

Yes, I think for most it is common to go through a period of time when it gets bad.

Best Answer

yea...multiple times on end ... going though it again now ... </3

Best Answer