Rank Country % Overweight or obese 1. Nauru 94.5 2. Federated States of Micronesia 91.1 3. Cook Islands 90.9 4. Tonga 90.8 5. Niue 81.7 6. Samoa 80.4 7. Palau 78.4 8. Kuwait 74.2 9. United States 74.1 10. Kiribati 73.6 11. Dominica 71.0 12. Barbados 69.7 13. Argentina 69.4 14. Egypt 69.4 15. Malta 68.7 16. Greece 68.5 17. New Zealand 68.4 18. United Arab Emirates 68.3 19. Mexico 68.1 20. Trinidad and Tobago 67.9
Bandiroux Bandiroux 56-60, M 14 Answers Jan 27, 2013 in Health

Someone's in denial...

Best Answer

I am from America. We are fat! It is shameful.

Best Answer

Could you send the link? I'm having trouble locating this on google.

Best Answer
Best Answer

I believe its raising in many country's weight per person because of junk food often cheaper than cooking healthy meals. Health food is more expensive here.

We are not on that list though. It should not be like that. They want a healthier

world they need to change that.

Best Answer

All is not lost. I think American can be #1 again if we just start eating more poi.

Best Answer

where the hell is canada lots of fat ***** there

Best Answer

OMG! But look at the top 7. People from those regions are enormous and for the US to be lumped with them it says a lot. Though I gotta say I'm surprised to see Kuwait and UAE on the list but it makes sense seeing their diets consist of mostly canned and frozen foods.

Best Answer

For your information, that is not a question *******.

Best Answer

Hard to imagine.

Those others must weigh a ton!

Best Answer

Hello look at the top on the list - it makes sense now. And all the fatties from there that live here are adding to our fat ranking.

Best Answer

How big are those competing nations?

Best Answer

good point! aren't the majority of those places quite small?

Best Answer

That's what I think.

Best Answer

It doesent matter it is the percentage - ok let me dumb it down so you can understand. If you had 2 rooms - room number one was filled with 50 violent people and 50 normal people you can safely say that the violence in that room is 50% -- now if you had a smaller room and 9 people were in that room were violent and only one is normal then the smaller room still has a 90% violence ranking. Understand now - or should I use building blocks to help U grasp this concept.

Best Answer

Those smaller nations have populations that are too insignificant. If you had 500 really small nations with 1 big one, that one nation is going to be easily pushed down in any list. That is, the odds of having two fat people in one room are pretty good. If you have five of those rooms, then the one room with 50 million people where 70% of them are fat will be down load on the list.

Best Answer

It is still the percentage that counts - and speaking of weighing down the list - how many of those fatties from other nations that live here are helping our nation tip the scales ?

Best Answer