Damn, too long since I read the book. :( Ummm, he was created innocent for the Adam part? He had his downfall from perfection into corruption, like Lucifer, and ended up attacking his creator? Or he ended up in the frozen waste, damned, like Lucifer in Dante's Divine Comedy?

Best Answer

Lucifer was frozen up to his waist. If you remember he had 3 mouths....who was in the center mouth?

Best Answer

I don't remember, but I'd guess Judas.

Best Answer

Good guess. The Divine Comedy is one of my favorite pieces of literature.

Best Answer

they were both the first of their kind. adam, first man, lucifer, first dissenter.

Best Answer

Lucifer is mentioned only once in the bible in Isaiah 14<12. Which was added centuries after the books origin by scribes. It is a reoccurring theme in christianity to demonize inspirational materials from other beliefs. An interesting note: though the name Lucifer only appears once, everytime the term morning star is used they are saying Lucifer, including when Jesus referred to himself as the bright morning star.

Best Answer

yeah, me too. H3LLI3OUND knows his stuff.

Best Answer

Thank you both. I truly appreciate it and the fact you think for yourselves. That is the rarest of qualities.

Best Answer

Lucifer is (logically) confused with "the Serpent" in the Garden, except he wasn't a "serpent" until he was condemned by Yahweh to crawl on his belly for eternity. Lucifer ("Bringer of Light") is an obvious Christianization of myths like that of Prometheus, the divine being who brings enlightenment to humanity and is punished for it.

Best Answer

Though this is a philosophical question with no single (or simple) answe I would like to share mine.
The Monster compares himself to Adam because like that metaphorical character, he was once his creators most beloved son until his actions earned him his fathers disdain. Though he was created in his fathers image he knows he will never be the image of his father. Like the biblical act of Adam "covering his nakedness", the monster becomes ashamed of himself and seeks to hide from his fathers sight.
Lucifer was also (according to the plagiarism and demonization of a roman diety by scribes) once loved above all others in creation by his father. Lucifer's true crime was questioning his creator. He was the first to demonstrate free will and the love of self that free thought heralds. The answers he found caused him to rebel against his father and as Milton so eloquently phrased it "the fires of heaven burn far hotter than those here below". Lucifer actually means lightbearer or as I mentioned in earlier comments morning star (venus). He traditionally represents everything his name implies: creativity, innovation, knowledge, invention and the very being whose duty it was to separate light from dark. I like to think that the monster sees himself as the darkness bearing light, the pinnacle of scientific accomplishment. Bearing the knowledge of the sins of his father into hell. Hell in the original biblical sense before the dark ages. Originally, hell was not fire and brimstone. Hell was a frozen place removed from gods love and all light. Early depictions of satan show him blue skinned to illustrate this. The biblical lucifer in reality (if you can use the words reality and biblical in the same sentence and keep a straight face) damned himself willingly because to deny himself and the reality of what he knew would have been far worse than the tundra of hell. The monster saw himself as both because man is both. He knew that and used his comparison to illustrate that point as well as another; to be the creatures they were formed to be and simultaneously live under the guidelines of and fulfill the expectations of their creator and in turn themselves is an impossibility. Men cause their own fall from grace because to live in the denial of their nature is gravest sin of all. To create something and then establish the rules it must live by in opposition is the greatest imperfection of all. Such a father, in any sense , is the most horrid monster of all.

Best Answer

Yes YHVH (or YHWH).....by far the most heartless tyrant in literary history.

Best Answer

i agree with that.

Best Answer