Last year in Year 9 my group of friends was really good. It was heaps of fun hanging out with everyone and none of us got caught up in any kind of bitchiness and we never fought really. But this year since we've entered year everything's changing. There's a group of about 6 of us and there always seems to be some kind of secret that one pair will be keeping from the rest of us. I thought that in a group of friends that your supposed to share secrets with the whole group, not just one person? And there has also been some bitchiness going on. My best friend in the group and my cousin (who is also one of my best friends) really don't get along and they're both trying to get the group to take their sides. I hope this makes sense because I really want some ideas on how to get things back the way they were and why they would have changed in thhe first place. I would blame it on being under pressure from school work but we actually have alot less schoolwork than we did last year. Please help
llama4lifex0x0 llama4lifex0x0 18-21, F 5 Answers May 6, 2010

I know the feeling! When everyone gets along it's really good, but after a while two people stop talking, and then it becomes difficult for everyone else. Or someone gets real bitchy for some reason and are 'left out' of the group.

Unfortunately, I've learned that there is no way to go back to the way things used to be. Human beings are complicated and relationships between two people can be difficult -- imaging trying to keep a relationship with a whole bunch of people!

The only advice I can give you comes from an episode of The City: "Stay refined, stay elegant and stay the sweet person that you are as much as possible... Keep really good, strong people around you. The other one's will just fall to the wayside." (Rachel Roy).

Don't waste your time on silly, immature people or situations.

Best Answer

Someday, these "groups" you speak of will no longer worry you. You will find that in adult life, there is not such a division among people, and that harpy friends, and cousins, will no longer impress you nor make you feel like an outsider. Being a teen is hard. When you grow up, you'll look back on this and laugh. At them.

Best Answer