kittycat108 kittycat108 36-40, F 11 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

I would never do it .. but if people really want sex just to have sex .. good for them.

It seems kind of desperate to me.

Best Answer

I grew up in a different "age" ... FWB kind of cheapens sex .. just my opinion.

Best Answer

If it works for you .. that's great. :)

Best Answer

depends on the people. If you can detach yourself emotionally go for it!

Best Answer

Definatly a bad move.

Best Answer

I think it's a great concept theoretically and sometimes it does work out well. The most common complication seems to be when one party becomes emotionally attached and wants more than the friendship and the benefits.

Best Answer

Always a bad move. Never turns out right, so I really don't know why people think it'll turn out any different for them.

Here's the problem- the things you do in a relationship like cuddling, kissing, hugging, sex, they all release hormones in your body that are meant to make you feel closer to that person. SO, one or both friends end up feeling too emotionally attached, ending in hurt feelings on either end and some confusion when one says, "But I love you... don't you love me?" and is met with "You know this is a no strings attached thing."

I personally wouldn't do it just because I want to reserve those actions for someone special, someone I can be in a committed relationship with. It's a boundary thing- I treat a friend one way and a partner another way.

Best Answer

Hmmm..i guess it depends on the friend..and it depends on the benefits.

Best Answer

It works once or twice but honestly if you are someone with a heart and some emotional intelligence it's really hard to separate the 'benefits' from feelings you may have. Eventually it will come to an end and who knows what the consequences might be on your friendship - rarely positive. But...on the other hand, if you aren't too bothered about the friendship side of things long term then it is nice to know you got someone to call on! But don't expect anything more, they don't owe you any emotional support in an arrangement like this. I've tried it and probably won't again. Probably.

Best Answer