i think those who want to escape from responsibility pressures...commitment....bindings... insecurities...they go for FWB..unfortunately... it becomes complicated most of the time..and they fall in love!... so FWB is not for a mature adult mind..who is brave and strong enough to take responsibility of his or her actions.. what do you think..i mean i dont understand modern terminology lol! p.s. its just a mental trick lol! to say i am in FWB.. when you dont want to hurt.. for some it may be a license to experience variety :d
Evangeline1985 Evangeline1985 26-30 17 Answers Oct 30, 2012 in Community

At my age it's the only way to go. I don't want to limit myself to women who have the same socio-economic stock portfolio or real estate equity that I have which ain't that much. I'd rather be with whoever rocks my world, not whoever is an equitable money-match. Marriage is a contract that gives or takes half of what you both have when you divorce or all of what the other has when someone dies. You can have a prenup, but then why bother getting married in the first place? Marriage is highly overrated unless you're a gold digger or a stay-at-home mother. Her kids can keep her assets, I have no right to them just because we want to be lovers.

Best Answer

but friends with benefits is different right?... where you mark boundaries... yes you are right you can get married anyways..but you do look for love.. lol!

Best Answer

Married people intend to be together forever but there's a 50% divorce rate. Married people usually say their spouse is also their best friend. There are two types of relationships: FWB and SWB (Strangers With Benefits). I was married to a woman who decided once a week sex was all she was obligated to provide. I could have divorced her and married someone who matched my libido of needing to have sex every day. But we bought a house together and made this gol-darn commitment and had a big expensive party and told everyone this was 'forever'. With FWB, you just say, hey, this isn't working for me. Adios amiga.

Best Answer

you have lost trust in marriage...there are couples who survive it... its still a respectable institute... we fail because we fail to understand ourselves...even if you dont carry a tag of being married ..or divorced lol!... you still have this subtle expectation smwhere in your heart..that the one you love (even in FWB)..should stay committed to you..and that becomes marriage!...
P.S. i am getting divorced...i respect marriage!

Best Answer

I was tricked. She was a single mother who needed a surrogate father for her kids and a way to improve her standard of living. She pretended to be a nympho and I was a naive virgin. Shortly after the wedding she stopped pretending to enjoy sex and started in with 'are you done yet?' I almost got married a few times after that but always came to my senses before it was too late. I have trust issues and FWB doesn't set anything in stone unless someone has AIDS or herpes or some other incurable STD that they fail to mention.

Best Answer

lol...

Best Answer

I would think, it's a soul-less arrangement.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I can understand. While I'd rather have a committed relationship, sometimes just want to be free of entanglements while having certain needs met. I don't know

Best Answer

duckie... you need a woman..who should be companion to you..since you are looking for commitments... and once you get a companion...you are free from entanglements..or you dont feel it anymore...

Best Answer

But what if the.. ummm? But what about? I guess I'm tryig to be diplomatic in my anwer. My views used to be much more rigid, but life just isn't always that simple.

Best Answer

no you are mishmashed in your ansr..where your two heads are fighting with each other lol!..call it bad experiences..call it your rigid views..and totally different reality..i understand it... i call it "COGNITIVE DISSONANCE"

Best Answer

So what would you do if there was someone you really liked and they wanted a FWB type thing?

Best Answer

i would be either friends.. or would go for committed relationship..i can control my feelings..no midways.. i believe in marriage.. i wont do romance unless am sure ..i wont love unless am sure... and ofcrs i would expect marriage!... may be laters ..i want it to be accepted..as i believe marriage is respectable ! for me its not a contract form right?

Best Answer

I admire that. Good to know there are still people in the world who think that way. Society around here, you see FWB everywhere, and for a person who believes in marriage and commitment- they are as dinosaurs. The whole notion of FWB used to nauseate me, but as it's so prevalent, I have to try not too judge too harshly, as people who make mistakes are still people. That's what I meant by being diplomatic

Best Answer

someone is going to get hurt.

Best Answer

Never turns out well .......

Best Answer

FWB means? -ok im an idiot.

Best Answer

For many they start that way and then some fall in love and stick together

Best Answer

"Friends with benefits kinda relationship", like all those sexual relationships, is a privilege and it's up to the pla<x>yers. As long as they know their games, there is nothing I am against them.

Best Answer

Works for me

Best Answer

BEST RELATIONSHIP EVER!!!

Best Answer