No it dosent, how many buffed runners do you see, running is really good cardio, but the only way to gain muscle is weights, the buffed 100m sprinters all do weights

Best Answer

I'm 6' 0", 235 Lbs. I lost 12 lbs, running this week. I wasn't fat to begin with. The weight loss was certainly water and muscle loss. Running is like burning your siding, to keep the house warm...

Best Answer

I agree with dx2dsquared... weight training is what builds muscle... but you can't hammer on the same muscle groups all the time. That's why there are personal trainers at gyms to help you focus on groups so you don't shred your muscles from over-working them. <br />
A key component to muscle building is adequate protein intake. A lot of folks use that whey protein stuff and I'm certain they believe it's really good for them. However, there's some basic intelligence at work that needs to be considered. Lean, low-fat proteins that come from actual food, like legumes, beans and nuts (if you aren't allergic) is a really good source of protein. Also, fish and poultry. Another good source is Quinoa (sp??) because tho it's a grain, it has a complete protein profile. Your diet is instrumental in muscle building because if you aren't taking in the basic building blocks, then you can't really build the muscle.

Best Answer

I agree with trust too, if you follow his post not only will you build muscle, your diet will be taken care of too

Best Answer