In a game that allows you to kill innocent people, but not children, doesn't it break the immersion? Why do you think developers allow the killing of innocent people, but not children? I'd prefer an allowance of killing children..if you're going to let me shoot whoever I want, include children in that scenario. Otherwise, don't bother.
SilenceEvermore SilenceEvermore 22-25, T 5 Answers Jan 2 in Doing Good

Because of controversy. I want games that will truly take risks.

Best Answer

I don't believe games make people violent... I believe the violence is within us, but games give us the opportunity to act out thoughts we currently posses. The problem is the amount of time people spend playing these games... eventually our conscience stops seeing the actions we preform in the games as being wrong... Murder, rape, etc. become not only acceptable, but expected behaviors. Children are already helpless for the most part.... if you have a 14 year old hooked on video games, it is a large leap for him to have the confidence necessary to attack adults on a large scale, but just a small step for him to perpetrate the violence against one younger, smaller and weaker.

Best Answer

I think kids under 18 should be barred from playing games online..and from buying M rated games. The violent games may influence young kids(increased aggression, not necessarily violent behavior) but not the age bracket that should be playing them.

Best Answer

Maybe so, maybe so... but I know a lot of people who are young, and yet wise beyond their years, and many others who are old, but don't have the sense of a two year old...

Best Answer

If you play games online though, you have to agree that the kids are, in most scenarios, insufferably annoying.

Best Answer

you mean the kids in the games, or playing the games? Ha ha ha ha... I agree... but is sad too how badly they want attention. Pfft... I don't censor myself for them though, thats their parents job.

Back to the original question though, when Sims first came out I loved that game... I am the one who got my kids started playing it, though cheat codes and expansion packs ruined it for me... my daughter used to build fences around the kids so they would starve to death...that way she wouldn't have to take care of them... She also had no issues with moving her single little harlot into my neighborhood and marrying my dad away from the family I had so lovingly built....

Best Answer

Playing the games. I wish there were some way to verify age before allowing people to play a game online =.= Also - Haha, your daughter is sinister o.o

Best Answer

I agree that it would be logical to include children as possible victims in a game where you get to shoot innocents, but it would probably cause too big a stir in the press and so on. There only needs to be one person who sends an outraged letter to the papers for the thing to blow.

Best Answer

It's a game. Next monopoly will be outlawed because its wrong for one person to control the wealth. That should make some nervous.

Best Answer

There were actually people bĂ­tching on a zombie game's forums because the game had zombie kids.

Best Answer

Yea, I think it's stupid. There are many other things to throw fits about. Some people just like feeling important by the attention they get for starting ****.

Best Answer