My ex left me in November quite suddenly. He moved away to start a new job in September. He said he loved me before he left and always was very clear about how strong his feelings for me. He says he still has feelings for me, but they are not as strong, that they changed when he moved away. He is deeply in the closet - I am out to all - and out to no one. He is from Serbia and has cultural baggage of being homophobic himself due to the culture of his country. He has (probably) depression too and admits that, sleeping issues, anxiety etc. He is now a different person and literally overnight. I only hear from him if I contact him, whereas a few months ago we would talk all the time. So strange. What can I do to get over this or get him back? We had an amazing relationship together. I will find it hard to find someone like him. He says he wishes he was straight. It is like he has had a brain transplant. What can I do?
jjc007 jjc007 31-35, M 5 Answers Feb 21 in LGBT

You are right about the cultural pressure in that country , maybe it all just became too much for him to deal with. ( Fear of alienation and family rejection etc. ) ?

Best Answer

Yes, are you from Serbia? Can you share your thoughts?

Best Answer

No , I'm not mate but I know what attitudes are like there and they certainly don't embrace or accept homosexuality.

Best Answer

I hope you are doing okay. Stay strong.

Best Answer

I don't know why but I'm sorry, maybe something changed his mind about you. Have you fought recently or anything?

Best Answer

Move on buddy. However, to do a well in a relationship you have to find a guy who is out of the close. Guys who "we" are in the closet we don't really know what we want. The only thing that we know is the we just want to play around.

Best Answer

He was more than playing around. He became involved in my life. Birthdays family occassion etc. He moved away and seemed to go into a shell or something, very strange. He has three different online profiles now, based in his new town. It is like he is trying to replace me...very hurtful how someone can cut off like that too.

Best Answer

having 3 different profiles says that he is desperate to find someone else.
Buddy you'll do find. Put you self together and let the time bring you a better person in your life. He does not deserve your love.

Best Answer

Did you look in the closet and he may be waiting to come out and surprise you

Best Answer