https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TBgcctcco
InTheLongRun InTheLongRun 22-25, M 17 Answers Jan 5, 2013 in Politics

You already have equal rights what you want are special rights.

Best Answer

Care to explain? And by "you" I am assuming you are directing that at me directly, so please let me know.

Best Answer

whats to explain. you have the same rights as everyone else. but you want extra specials one. You can marry whom you want that person has to be of the opposite sex.

Best Answer

well said brother, hit the hammer on the head.

Best Answer

@ projectPheonix Ty Sir.

Best Answer

You are saying that being gay is a choice only then?

Best Answer

Did I say choice? no you did. There are rules in this society and this world. If you wish to marry you marry someone of the opposite sex end of story.

Best Answer

You are a close minded bigot. Why do you care if two people who love each other as much as a opposite sex couple get married? Religion?
Also YOU say "you" to me. First of all I am not gay, do not have any family that is either. I grew up without ever seeing it but still see no problem with love between people.

Best Answer

bigot? I have stated facts, if that makes me a bigot in your mind then so be it. You are the one that posted the question, and you are the one that responded to my answer. You are the one that wants gays to have special rights.

Best Answer

Oh, the gay name calling hate speech goes on and on. Long run is just another hater.

Best Answer

You spelled equal . The right to marry who they are attracted to, like everyone else does.

Best Answer

I note you seem to take umbrage to the implication that you are gay. That sounds hypocritical and well perhaps homophobic. I have worked with gays and they dont bother me in the least.

Best Answer

i'm really confused.... same sex marriage is a special right?

Best Answer

According to those numbskulls it is

Best Answer

Just wish UK Government would stop wasting time on such a trivial matter & concentrate on getting our country out of debt!

Best Answer

There's always a push and pull on "progressive" issues. 30 years from now it'll seem absurd that it was an issue, much like segregation and even slavery.

Best Answer

We should give equal rights to everyone. You see that chubby old guy over there? He likes touching little kids, he deserves equal rights.<br />
Well animals are homosexual, so...it's ok, right? Yeah, it's fine. While we're at it, why don't we allow the murdering of our own children..oh we already do..well, hmm..how about we get rid of all women's rights since, well, female animals have no rights beyond being breeders in most cases. It's natural, after all.

Best Answer

You are comparing gay marriage to child molestation?

Best Answer

You'd love that wouldn't you? Sorry, but I wasn't. I was pointing out that, "EQUAL RIGHTS for all" would extend to EVERYONE. That's why I did not reference homosexuals in that section of my post.

Best Answer

I think the point was, you don't always get what you want just because you want it.

Best Answer

AMEN diaster!

Best Answer

Your response is essentially trolling seoulsurvivor. :D

Best Answer

So thus, we should not have gay marriage because we have reason, no?

Best Answer

The meaning and purpose of marriage is the biological union that creates children and joins two families in blood. In a real physical sense the child is the marriage. Its not about "rights" nor about "love" (whatever that is). Its about biology and children. The feminist/liberal/gay war on marriage and children will eventually fail and they will be replaced by populations that continue to support marriage and children.

Best Answer

Says who? Most definitions don't include the purpose of creating children. If a couple is physically unable to have children, why can they get married but a same sex couple can't?

Best Answer

And infertile couples? Again you ignore that part don't you? If gays can't get married then no infertile person should be able to by your argument.

Best Answer

Yes, infertile people cannot consummate a marriage.

Best Answer

Yes. Infertile people can't consummate a marriage. It can be annulled because the real marriage never happened.

Best Answer

Why don't you follow every word of the bible and not pick and choose what to believe

Best Answer

LOL. Longrun recites the usual gay crapola. Its pathetic lying hate crap. Real marriage has been part of every human society and culture from the most primitive clans, tribes, villages, and towns to modern cities and nations. Real marriage predates any of the modern religions by millions of years. Real marriage is supported by every successful human religion and belief system from the oldest tribal shaman to the most current big religions. Any religon or culture that fails to support real marriage ends up like the Shakers -- extinct.

Best Answer

I'm all for equal rights. I'm not so down with special rights. So, gay marriage, yes. Hate crimes, no. No one needs to be relegated to second class citizen status, whether by denial of rights or by granting only a segment of society special rights.

Best Answer

don't lower the age of consent while you are at it

Best Answer

I do not see why there is a problem, I mean straight people marry for convenience so what right does anyone have?

Best Answer

I've been thinking the same thing, it seems like every year everyone says its gonna happen but it never does.

Best Answer

I think that there will eventually be equal rights for gays in this lifetime. Its the same as back in the day with blacks and whites. But the question of discrimination is yes. I think that it will always be there even if there are equal rights. Only time will tell. Look at todays world, there is still racism today even though there are equal rights for all races here in America.

Best Answer

Let me help and give you some of my legal insight; the stuff that we lawyers and judges debate when the doors close. And, as I would imagine, what politians do as well. The debate doesn't hinge on religion or emotion. There's no place for either of these in the eyes of Lady Law. It hinges on rights; is marriage a right? Despite how one's religion, emotion or even "This is America and we have freedoms" mindset may have them answer that question, the truth is no one knows yet. I say that as it will take the US Supreme Court to make the interpretation. There's no mention of marriage in the constitution, nor is there the believe that the Congress couldn't outlaw marriage tomorrow for everyone (hypothetically) if they wanted to do so and have it stand in court. So, these two points seem to define marriage as a privilege, not a right, that the government allows. The only hurdle then would be to prove that this privilege and the civil benefits allowed by it do not counter the ideas of Equal Protection Under the Law. The argument there is that, if states do make amendments to not allow homosexual marriage, then technically people do have Equal Protection since the state amendment would be the current prevailing law, until federal law or the Supreme Court supersedes it. Just wanted to kind of help and give some legal background. For me personally, I hope we can reach a point where everyone's "privilege" (because I believe marriage to be a privilege under current laws and not a right) is equal.

Best Answer

I don't think there is much of an issue. If LGBT want to be together, then do it. I do, however, see a problem with the word "marriage". It is originally a religious principle and already has a definition.

Best Answer

No it didn't Seoul.

Best Answer

Religion has always been around.

Best Answer