I recently applied for a general visitor's visa for the UK, was planning on staying 5 months... bought the airfaire, separeted a hotel room, got medical insurance... It was LONG LONG process, lots of paper work and my boyfriend even wrote a letter saying he would be supporting me financially during those 5 months and we sent copies of his payslips ( a year's worth).... They wrote me yesterday saying that my visa was denied and that the reason would be sent with my passport...... My question is: WHAT NOW? Can I still try and fly there to see if they will let me in, even if its for a shorter period of time? I know I can appeal the case but that takes a LOOOOTTTT of time and they might even say no again.... Can I ever visit the UK again? :( HELP PLEASE
lili86 lili86 22-25, F 11 Answers Jun 15, 2012

Americans are banned from the UK now.

Best Answer

Strange I have never known anyone be refused. Not even serial killers. What have you done?

Best Answer

It all depends on WHY your application was refused ; but certainly if you simply turn up I'm fairly certain you'll just be sent back on the first avilable plane ; indeed I don't think the U.S. authorities would even let you board a plane for the UK in the first place. You may get some idea from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/

Best Answer

THEY LET EVERYONE ELSE IN.....

Best Answer

stay away.

Best Answer

That seems rather harsh as they are either letting in thousands of immigrants here due to "staff shortages" or due to total incompetence, having lost track of many thousands more! Seeing as you produced proof of financial support for yourself, unless you have a criminal record, I can't see a problem. Wait until you get some details from the authorities and see what they say !!

Best Answer