My brother had two shepherds and they were very hyper and impatient,even when they were out. One couldn't even stay still to peee,it would start walking away before it had finished. These were from the police dog compound and the police knew, even as pups, they wouldn't be police dog material,too unruly with their own agenda.

Best Answer

He's a lot of fun! Great dog! Just super hyper! He won't even stand still to just let you pet him! Loves to play...

Best Answer

These were too,they were like a comedy double act, very good with people and kids,but could be aggressive with other dogs. The both lived a long good life,both died last year. I might get one someday.

Best Answer

Awww... so sad to hear... Yes, Gideon is very protective and will give warning barks to strangers and other dogs...But he's very good with kids and other people...You'll love it!

Best Answer

I don't think it's particular to German Shepherds. I think dogs that age tend to be hyper anyway

Best Answer

Sounds like a typical puppy to me, but I don't have experience with shepherds. I think he will be more calm if you run him with you or on a treadmill daily for an hour or so, because he will be tired and happy.

Best Answer

Yes. Young big dogs have a handful of energy.

Best Answer