This just recently happened to me. You're confiding to your best friend in public saying "I think I look ugly" and a complete monger (by monger I mean someone who hasn't taken a bath in years) turns around and asks you "But you have a hot body though, right?" Personally, I felt offended. It implies that he doesn't think I'm pretty so he has to know if my body makes up for it :@ Though he seems like the shallow type who goes for 'hot' girls when he, himself, looks a mess.
Gemz2411 Gemz2411 18-21, F 5 Answers Sep 1 in Community

He reminds me of the creeps you find on EP, only he has to take it to the next level by being so brash about how much of a tool he is.

His opinion is next to worthless. I'm sorry he had to open his ignorant mouth and offend you like that, but I suppose some people just really lack a damn filter and consideration for their fellow human being.

Best Answer

He's a monger. His opinion shouldn't matter.

Best Answer

True, but can't help but feel a little offended.

Best Answer

I think you shouldn't give a ****, he's stranger so does his opinion.

Best Answer

Maybe he has a hot body hiding under there also?

Best Answer

Don't matter how good-looking he is, his personality reeks.

Best Answer

I think you sound shallow

Best Answer

My definition of a shallow person is someone that can't get past looks, money, status, religion, race....etc to get to truly know someone.
Excuse me if I can't get past a 40 year old man wearing grubby clothes and stinks up the whole room with his disgusting body odour and tobacco smell.

That's not shallow, that's having a sense to personal hygiene. To me, a partner being hygienic is a must. Again, not being attracted to someone who lacks personal hygiene is not being shallow.

Best Answer

Shallow has a lot of definitions. Like telling your friend you are ugly alone is a shallow concept placing your own worth on your looks but obviously you were fishing for compliments. but saying you are too hot for someone else to give you a compliment, and that his appearance means he has no right to express an opinion. And mostly assuming that a compliment means he wants to date you. It all screams shallow to me.

Best Answer

I weren't fishing for compliments. I was telling my best friend and didn't realize the guy was listening.
Never said that a compliment means he wants to date me.
I actually said I think I'm ugly because I think I am and have been told so when I was harshly bullied in school for my appearance. If I were fishing for compliments, I would have said "Do you think I'm ugly?"
If he scrubbed himself up, he might be some-what good-looking.

You're just twisting my words to suit your own thought of me, trying to be manipulative and me seem bad. Please leave this post.

Best Answer