1) Cheap Knock off versions made in sweat shops<br />
2) Abundance of it, and lack of demand for it lowers the prices<br />
3) Retail competition and recession <br />
4) In a few years a newer version is released, and the price of the old one drops.<br />
5) Online retail broadens the options for cheaper versions of the same models. <br />
6) Purchasing technology in bulk if you are a business makes it cheaper.
I don't really know five entire reasons offhand, but I would venture to say that production methods becoming more efficient over time as well as more refined can potentially lead to technology becoming cheaper.
nice try but im not giving away my good ideas.