If the richer will keep getting richer under their policies, where will the money to raise everyone else up come from? And it seems so obvious a question, why is it never asked at any of the debates?
ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 18 Answers Feb 13, 2012

IDK but 0bama is already claiming to have created millions of jobs with trillions of borrowed money and he hasn't raised taxes on the super rich. Of course we all know that he really hasn't created any jobs.<br />
Ernie when you talk about taxing the rich, do you mean all the rich or just rich Republicans? Because what I am hearing here is tax the rich Republicans and an implied leave the rich Democrats alone.

Best Answer

You are "hearing" that the plan is to only tax Republicans and leave Democrats alone??? Get real. If you actually believe that then you are too stupid to vote.

Best Answer

Is your name Ernie? Have you read the answers on here ? Although there are just as many if not more rich democrats all you read is complaints about rich Republicans. Do you know what the word 'implied' means? Perhaps you should bone up on your vocabulary.

Best Answer

Clean your ears and you'll realize NO ONE said anything about taxing only Republics. And yes: I imply when I say something, you infer when you hear something (or in this case you infer when you jump to an unwarranted conclusion).

Best Answer

This is an excellent question, Ernie, and I wish more Americans would ask it - even if just to themselves. The way things are now, the people who make the most money don't actually produce anything - they just shift money around on Wall Street - which is the root of many a problem.

Best Answer

It makes me despair....the land of the free ??......land of the brainwashed slaves more like....debate has been rendered as un-american now....guess we're all terrorists now then ?

Best Answer

I'd say some of the super rich actually do more than just accumulate more, but far more seem to get money, and then ,look for ways to increase it rather than pay it back.

Best Answer

More Canadians should ask the same thing!!
Our economy is not much better than your -Despite what our Republicans(Conservitives) say(spinning the truth)!
The top 10% Are doing great though !!

Best Answer

War -- that is, if Obombya doesn't beat them to it.

Best Answer

Only business people can create jobs not the Gov't....Gov't only wants to tax the rich more money so that they can spend it on creating more gov't jobs and regulations.<br />
I agree that there are really greedy rich people out there who don't care about anything except themselves but there are a lot of honest business people out here that want to make money but know the only way to do that is to create jobs and take care of their employees. Problem is that most gov't officels are to blind to see that more regulations, extra taxes on business will only cause business to not hire people and have the ones they do have on the payroll work more fo same pay.There should be a flat tax on everyone(rich or not rich)<br />
If the current admin would stop spending our tax money on stupid things(like any bailouts) & cut out most of the gov't that is unneeded or wanted then maybe we can get going again. I am not part of the 1% or part of the 99%, I am part of the 53% who actually work for a living and believe that the OTW need to get to work and start paying their share instead of sucking us all dry.

Best Answer

The bailouts of the financial institutions was done under Bush. A flat tax won't work if the money is hidden in a bank in the Caymans or Switzerland. Government spending is what brought this country out of the Great Depression. Who do you think pays the policemen, firemen, and teachers?
The difference between now (which was the worst financial situation in this country since the Great Depression) and the times of the Great Depression is that back then the citizens of this country had no problems with sacrificing to help others. Nowadays, the selfishness that permeates a lot of people is completely contrary to those great souls. Most people, contrary to what the right espouses, would prefer to work. However, when child care costs more than you are making, how is that possible without some type of assistance. Oh yeah, the right has eliminated most of the funding for that. You are paying less in taxes than you were under Bush. Turn the TV from Fox News and the radio from Limbaugh. Neither would know the truth if it hit them between the eyes.

Best Answer

Good answer. Except Obama still did bailouts and contunied where Bush ended. Neither one is right as there is no such thing as to big to fail. We are too selfish in this country(not all of us) currently as most people don't care to be "involved" in helping out our neighbors like they did from the 30's-60's. Which is sad to me as there are so many people that actually need the help to get ahead and they aren't receiving it due to cutbacks. Gov't spending did help get us out of the depression because they money was used to build dams,interstate system and other construction projects that helped our country moving forward. But it was the business's that actually created the jobs by hiring people not the gov't. I believe that the firemen, police and teachers should never be cut in wages as they are the front line. I don't listen to Limbaugh or CNN as both are idiots and wouldn't know what is right or wrong. I watch FOX News or local news as how else is anybody gonna know what questions to ask to get a honest reply? Not ABC,NBC or CBS
And i'm niether for or against either party as I vote for who I believe will do the best for this country. But I will never vote for anyone that is negative or doesn't actually have a plan on helping us

Best Answer

The Republicans(Conservitives in Canada) don't want to create too many jobs--As they need people struggling to find work--so we are desprate enough to take Poverty wages--This helps bussnesses large& small make even more money!<br />
The rich get Richer---<br />
The poor get--<br />
Pregnant--

Best Answer

There have even been corporate officers who have openly admitted they could create jobs but will not do so because by keeping unemployment up they hope to stop Obama's re-election.

Best Answer

how can they add jobs cause of them we lost jobs bush gave full control of the banks and the housing went to hell and a hand basket please don't fall for these butt wipes lies ,look back on the democratic years we had more econonic growth .thats a fact unless your where ritch fvcking republican lining his own pockets

Best Answer

not true, just look at the carter years. The only Democrat that did any good while in office was Clinton because he enforced the welfare to work rule which created jobs and also balanced the budget.

Best Answer

His reduction in the welfare recipients came because jobs were created. He also provided childcare assistance.

Best Answer

true, which we still should have(child care assit) but it seems that either party can't seem to agree on anything because they are to busy blaming each other and not coming up with a solid plan.

Best Answer

BUTT WIPE CLINTON IS STILL A DEMOCRAT POINT PROVEN

Best Answer

"MSLSD"

Best Answer

Translation, please?

Best Answer

I didn't realize US wealth is finite. That's a new one to me. I'll have to go over my economic textbooks again to see where I missed that.

Best Answer

There is only a certain amount of wealth, in the country and in the world. You can subdivide it in so many ways, but that's just playing with numbers. Yes, please re-read your text books and tell me where wealth (as opposed to the arbitrary valuation of "money", which is merely an abstract representation of resources) is not finite?

Best Answer

I recall the definition of economics is the allocation of resources. So I can see how it could be finite if all resources are being used at max capacity. But I don't think that is the case. Finding and extracting more minerals, better use of farmland, and creative use of resources could still add to wealth. So I don't think it is finite. But I'll go review the books to see what they say.

Best Answer

By taking it from the 99%?

Best Answer

But that's the problem--they claim they can keep the rich getting richer while creating jobs at a decent wage for the rest of us. Where is this money coming from?

Best Answer

simple, start a war a take that country's wealth. :)

Best Answer

Magic wands. Only the most wealthy can afford them.

Best Answer

Asteroid mining. Jokes. I believe their thinking goes something like this: "Those poor people better find something to profit from somehow... So I can screw em for the money"!

Best Answer

One of the few things I have EVER agreed with the Newt on is that we should aim for a moon base.

Best Answer

and then send the politicians there so we can actually get some work done down here....LOL

Best Answer

They will create jobs, lots of them, but then we will all be working for less than a living wage.

Best Answer

Will they. How many illegal immigrants can you hire at less than minimum wage?

Best Answer

As many as I can fit in the back of my truck?

Best Answer

how many you need :)

Best Answer

If any person believes this statement is a FOOL

Best Answer

Or a Republican?

Best Answer

Bingo!

Best Answer

or a liberal

Best Answer

It's an impossibility, <br />
Hence the current and ongoing delima between the two parties!

Best Answer

But people believe it's true.

Best Answer

Of course they do, it depends on which side of the fence youre sitting on, . . Don't you think?

Best Answer

In a way. If you're the 1% you laugh on the way to the bank, if you're the rest of us, evidently they don't think. :(

Best Answer

Very true my friend! Very true

Best Answer