jonesjones77 jonesjones77 41-45 22 Answers Dec 18, 2013 in Food

I strongly disagree, based on my EP experiences, Athiests delight in going into questions targeted towards believers and attacking people who support God. Generally, I don't go into questions that are targeted towards athiests.

As a Christian, I understand that many roads lead to God... and have many periods in my life when I have questioned my own beliefs so I am not offended by anyone else who questions them. As I have told my son, who is agnostic but when he believed himself to be athiest, God gave you free will, who am I to take that away from you.

As a Christian, I openly discuss my beliefs, and I give credit to God when I feel it is due, but its up to each individual to seek God, or not.

Best Answer

I honestly don't mind, everyone has their thoughts. I am not going to judge you.

Love Living Life! :)

Best Answer

I find the opposite to be true. Most athiests I have met have been very offended by anything the least bit religious. They don't want you to pray in public or have any religious decorations or anything like that. As a Christian I am not offended by atheists I just pray for them.

Best Answer

yes you said it. pray for them. and even this will make some upset

Best Answer

Okay by me if you pray in public.

Best Answer

lol why would it upset you if you don't believe who cares its not hurting you or harming you in any way right? if you are upset means you were offended which goes back to the question you just asked who are more offended Christians or atheists assuming you are one if not my apologies. im not offended that you are offended

Best Answer

Why do you pray for them? Is something wrong with them???

Best Answer

no nothing is wrong with them who am I to judge? im human lol. personally when I pray I would ask God to just protect them and touch their hearts and ask him to come into their lives and possibly we can be friends. nothing is wrong with them regarding their beliefs. but something is wrong with all of us period. lol

Best Answer

If nothing is wrong with them, then why do you pray for God to change them so you can be friends?

Best Answer

not to change them so we can be friends, I have a good friend now who is an atheist and hes cool and funny. meaning remain friends if already are don't let our differences in beliefs come between us, if are not friends that we can still become friends despite our differences.

Best Answer

Crazy token wild friend atheist... what's the world coming to!

Best Answer

Remove social constructs and religion, and what are we left with...people. People are the factor for good and bad experiences, you will find many ignorant people who have pride in their god, and you will find many ignorant people who think that is silly. On the other hand there is just as many respectful humble individuals who have transcended bigotry to be accepting of all beliefs from every spectrum of thought and perspective reality.

Best Answer

pride is not good. I don't have pride in my God. I just have faith. and love.

Best Answer

I know, you choose to 'worship' because he is your 'savior' Those two words are pretty disgusting in my mind.

Best Answer

im sorry it disgusts you. your faith doesn't disgust me. I don't care doesn't bother me at all as much as it does to you

Best Answer

*or beliefs if not faith

Best Answer

Not saying it towards you, but the idea of worshiping something sounds insane. Name something you worship besides your deity

Best Answer

I know you weren't. no offense taken lol. its a hard pill to swallow huh how we Christ followers, could fall to our knees and worship something/someone. there are no words or logical explanation for it because it is by faith we believe and worship. God simply exists to us no if and or butts lol. its a passion to serve and worship him. I think I just made you throw up lol *passes you bucket and I wipe your mouth

Best Answer

accepting all for their beliefs race gender whatever. what is happening is you get true followers of Christ who try to get back to the heart of things the root but you have some proclaim Christians who say they practice the faith but corrupt it and pervert it and now make "religion" look horrific and righteous and holy than thou, so it makes the true followers of Christ a part of that which we are not. we are about acceptance love and non judging and encouraging. why would anyone be offended by anyone who possess these personal traits It harms no one. same for atheists some of them are actually kind and very sweet but you have some who will make them look like loud mouths, cursing, blubbering bafoons who need anger management lol. not all atheists are like this. so if you took away religion and beliefs on all accounts you take away our freedom and free will. what if some of us nice Christians and atheists want to practice our beliefs because it gives us peace and happiness? that would be unfair to us

Best Answer

I am a believer. I am not offended that you don't believe. I feel sad for you, but at the end of the day it is your choice

Best Answer

I don't agree it's a choice. Also, I tend to think your feeling of sadness is more like patronizing contempt.

Best Answer

Im a believer and I don't feel sad for you. in my faith I would still show you love and respect. but it is my belief to not preach to you but in prayer ask God to touch your heart. even though you may not believe. and may laugh lol

Best Answer

you pray for this person that God may touch their heart have compassion

Best Answer

Well stated -- beats being pitied with contempt. Although I've been an atheist for 25 years and am not close to changing, let's see what happens.

Best Answer

lol hey change don't change. im just tired of ppl belittling each other both atheists and Christians. I may never understand why you don't believe you many never understand why I don't believe. either way we can still be respectful and loving. I use to be like that try to shove my bible down someones throat lol no doesn't work that way.

Best Answer

I like to think I can understand, actually. I certainly like your outlook. I don't want to belittle anyone's sincere beliefs unless they are used as shield for other prejudices.

Best Answer

yes some people on both parties may use beliefs as a shield for other prejudices. like me I have to constantly work on myself because the last thing I want to be is say out loud I am a Christian or follower of Christ and have an arrogance to me and pride like im perfect and I don't experience temptations and don't battle with issues but beat others down for it. that I am very scared of. humility being humble.

Best Answer

Ya, they always bother us, so when we retaliate they flip out. To bad half of what they say doesn't make sense.

Fellow Atheist.

Best Answer

why would you let them bother you lol if you don't believe why bother? my good friend is an atheist and we get along well lol

Best Answer

Some go far lengths to convert you, and make you feel bad/stupid, only making themselves look dumb.

Best Answer

I believe this to be true for both Christians and atheists. some do this.

Best Answer

I believe that atheists are self conceited ******** forcing their lack of faith upon the faithful the same way zealots would force religion upon them, for the most part.

If you're an atheist that's fine but why would you advertise it? Doesn't it defy the purpose?

Never got that whole "if I don't believe, you can't" ****.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Best Answer

Oh for neckbeard morons who'll jump to conclusions and call me a deluded religious fanatic or whatever random stupidity that will come out of that kind of person's **** holster: I don't believe in anything or any religion.
To y'all kids atheist-zealots: you shame us all.

Best Answer

lol =O

Best Answer

^ This is a good reason we think that.

Best Answer

we get that too from some atheists lol join the club

Best Answer

It goes both ways, but Christians have certain standards set, and they look bad when they do stuff like that. I think we should all tolerate each other.

Best Answer

I believe in God and im not offended at all, maybe im wrong but looking on ep I see more atheists are more offended by our beliefs when we post a scripture or announce our faith we tend to get bashed for it and get hate messages and called names. im not saying all atheists do this, but im sure there are Christians as well who are offended as well. my thing is that so what if we have different beliefs who cares why cant we still get along and be respectful and talk. doesn't always have to be a put down name calling match. agree to disagree

Best Answer

Problem is most churches preach and teach intollerance & hatred of peoples rights to believe however they believe if different. Even to the point of protesting, abusing, and even killing people for their own personal beliefs.

Best Answer

that's why I love jesus not religion. the church has become corrupt and perverted and God is actually very upset about this and speaks of it in the bible. please just don't say all some of us followers or Christ or new comers really get a bad rep because of this. some churches are not practicing what they preach or speak the word of our God anymore.

Best Answer

When did I say all?

Best Answer

you didn't meant in reference to those who generally would say all. wasn't in reference to you, sorry if I didn't clarify that. apologies

Best Answer

It is of my opinion, that those who follow any religion too closely are very narrow minded, and intolerant of any other belief, be it atheist, or of another religion.

Atheists are generally more tolerant simply because they believe there is just simply nothing else but this.

Best Answer

Do you accept that your belief might be wrong? That perhaps the hundreds of other beliefs or theories of what is 'life' might be right?

Best Answer

do you accept that your belief might be wrong? lol I believe because of faith. and I know you wont understand this and have many logics and reasons as to why I may be wrong but I cant explain to you what it is. there are no words to describe the feeling it is of certainty.

Best Answer

Of course I accept my theory might be wrong. I don't know, because no one knows. That, my dear, is what makes you narrow minded. You are so sure you are right, when there is no way you can know. You can believe, and trust your feeling, or instinct or what ever you want to call it. But your dismissal of other possibilities just proves my point.

Best Answer

and I disagree in my opinion because of my faith I believe I became more openminded lol.

Best Answer

I feel it's more an outspoken minority.

As an atheist, I hate being preached at.

As a deity worshiper, I hate talking to new atheists.

As a worshiper in a not-so-popular religion, I hate both sides for their "I'm right, you're an idiot, grow up" mentality. Like we can't get along because of differences that don't have to factor into our relationship at all.

They are annoying people because they're human, not because of which side of the fence they sit on.

Best Answer

Thanks for the thoughful reply. May I ask how are you a diety worshipper and also an atheist? You would seem to have God beliefs.

Best Answer

Partially because I'm an agnostic atheist. I believe if they do exist - which I don't accept at the moment - that as a human I'm far too ignorant of a lot to be able to even fathom them in the first place. A larger part is because I follow a religion that doesn't require belief in the existence of the deities. Christianity is a religion many are familiar with - part of being Christian is believing in Christ. That isn't a requirement for mine. Mine is based more on reciprocity (worship based) and a basic moral/ethical foundation that could be argued as not being cannon. Worshiping is an action, so it works. It's an action that seems to benefit me in many ways.

Best Answer

Does your religion have a name? Thanks,

Best Answer

Hellenic polytheism. Worship of ancient Greek deities.

Best Answer

You mean like Dionysis and Apollo?

Best Answer

Those are two of the deities, yes.

Best Answer

you use the word hate a lot. you state we basically can get along with our differences but you state you hate certain traits and characteristics and we humans are annoying? forget what I just said im more curious about the annoying humans. so what are you? im being respectful

Best Answer

Because I have a strong reaction to it. Hate is a word that connotes that strong reaction for me. I avoid them at nearly all costs because people like that can ruin a day for me. I don't like to think anyone like that actually exists and would like to think our world is a better place. If people like to force their differences on me as if it's not okay for me to be me, then they deserve my hate. If they are respectful and/or understand that our relationship doesn't have to contain religious attacks, then I we can get along. I'm a Hellenic polytheist.

Best Answer

interesting

Best Answer

Other way around...

Best Answer

Best Answer

If people kept their religious beliefs to themselves there wouldn't even be an issue. Believe or don't.... I really don't want to hear about it either way!

Best Answer

they have earplugs honey lol

Best Answer

-takes a sip of coffee-

Best Answer

How was it?

Best Answer

needs a bit more sugar , mind dipping your finger in it ?:P

Best Answer

If you like.

Best Answer