Just throwing it out there. This may or may not represent my belief system.
CobaltToad CobaltToad 41-45, M 19 Answers Oct 12, 2012 in Religion

Satan rules the world........for now. God is love and we are incapable of understanding him with our limited human minds.

Best Answer

That sounds gnostic or Zoroastrian...

Best Answer

No. I'm a christian. Satan does rule but God is in control.

Best Answer

Why does God allow The Adversary to rule?

Best Answer

Very good question and my best answer is that He has a plan and didn't give me all the details.

Best Answer

Job is the most ancient text in the Bible. It covers my question to you... Why does God allow The Adversary to rule. Thousands of years later... no decent answer...

Best Answer

We'll know someday.

Best Answer

When God created angels, he gave them a free will to decide if they wanted to worship him or not. With Lucifer, his pride caused him to fall and he became the Devil and drew 1/3 of the angels with him and they became known as demons.<br />
When God created mankind, he also gave them a free will to decide and gave them one command, to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.<br />
As we read in Genesis 3 the Devil tempted Eve who convinced Adam to eat and at that point Adam (who had complete dominion over the earth) gave up dominion of the earth and gave it over to the Devil (Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16). This is why he could tempt Christ with the offer of all the kingdoms of the earth, because he had dominion over them since Adam gave it to him back in the Garden of Eden.<br />
That sets the foundation. Sin has entered the world and evil things are now happening. God allows it, but evil will not always exist. This is how I see it - All sin is evil, but not all evil is sin. Sometimes the word translated as “evil” can also mean “calamity” or “injury”, which are bad and can even be life threatening, but are not sin. Sometimes God brings judgments, which he never brings without reason, and that reason is always as a judgment for sin.<br />
God is all loving, but he’s also righteous, holy, and just and can not allow sin to go unpunished. He’s also made a way to avoid that judgment: it’s called faith in Christ. Before the cross, all the way back in Genesis 3:15, God promised a savior. Simply believing God’s promise was enough. Just look at Abraham in Genesis 15:6 “And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.” On this side of the cross, you must believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16): that he died, was buried and rose again on the third day according to the sc<x>riptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and confessing him (Romans 10:9-10). He’s already done everything; all you have to do is believe. It’s the church’s mission to carry the message of the gospel to the world, and it’s the only way to avoid the judgment.<br />
But getting back to sin, God will do away with it, and he has a specific plan for dealing with it. It’s been in motion for a long time, and it’s almost complete. Israel plays a big part in it, as Daniel’s 70 week (490 year) prophecy exists for that very purpose.<br />
As one final note, good can exist without evil, but evil can not exist without good. As I said, evil exists because of sin and sin is a perversion of what is good. Not the other way around.

Best Answer

When I spoke of evil, I meant it in the broader sense... sin, but also calamity. A child born with severe deformities, for instance... why would an all-loving God allow the suffering of innocents? Also, it is my understanding that the story of Lucifer doesn't have a basis in scripture.

Best Answer

The story of Lucifer does have a basis in scripture, it's in both the books of Isaiah and Ezekiel. But to answer you, none are truly innocent. We are all born with the sin nature that Adam received through eating the fruit he was commanded not to eat. Because of sin, abnormalities happen. It's part of the curse Adam placed us under through his actions. Since we all come from him we were represented in him. But abnormalities also happen when the mother doesn't take care of herself during the pregnancy, or in cases of ******. This is why God forbids it in the book of Leviticus.

Best Answer

He allows evil in the world so we can overcome it....it's part of some purification process.

Best Answer

Good and evil are like light and shadow. One can not exist without the other.

Best Answer

That sounds like Jewish Kabbalah.

Best Answer

But Id prefer 9 parts good to 1 bad,rather than the 9 parts bad to 1 part good we have here on earth. :)

Best Answer

Like any mystical tradion.

Best Answer

I once heard that there is a fixt ammounts of tires everywhere at all times, independent to the actual conditions. The more good we have the less we apriciate it and are more hurt by the bad. The more bad we have, the less we bother and more apriciate the good.

Best Answer

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Best Answer

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"<br />
Epicurus

Best Answer

Heh... I read that today... genesis of this question. Pun I tended.

Best Answer

Sorry; I just felt compelled to further it?

Best Answer

Evil itself exists because of GOD'S True Nature. Now, evil is presented in the world because it may or may not serve GODS sufficient reasons...

Best Answer

Watch yourself doing something evil. A mildly evil act will do, like stepping on your puppy's tail on purpose. It happens. Your puppy screams a bit an looks at you with that confused look. It happened. I have not done anything to stop it. Now you conclude that the reason it happened is because I am not all-loving. It is my love that was missing there. *sigh*

Best Answer

Lets take a wolf pup in the woods. Its minding its own business when a thunderstorm starts a fire. The wolf pup is mortally burned, but suffers for a day or two before dying... what about evil of circumstance?

Best Answer

Evil happens because people have the free will to do as they wish.Yet without free will,we all would be nothing more than puppets,which wasn't in his plan.

Best Answer

Maybe... Sometimes I tell myself this. Sapience/sentience does seperate humans from animals.

Best Answer

Without a challenge in our lives, we grow stagnate.

Best Answer

So... since we invented computer games, cant evilgo away now?

Best Answer

Bah, if you think there is one single power that controls<br />
the voids and tides of infinity, you have no idea whats<br />
coming for you, our own minuscule dimension is so<br />
very little by comparison. This argument is invalid. Me, <br />
Shiva the destroyer and purple flamingo ride unicorns <br />
in an alternate universe.

Best Answer

Wait... what?

Best Answer

s/He doesn't fix things or solve problems; s/he's just there so we are never completely alone.

Best Answer

Maybe s/he is just some deity child with a magnifying glass and we are the ants. And we're not alone...

Best Answer

maybe.

Best Answer

I disagree.But lets just leave it at that .

Best Answer

He juz let stuff happen

Best Answer